Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Winter coats/jackets

(82 Posts)
CanadianGran Tue 15-Dec-20 05:58:06

For fun, do you own a multitude of coats for different weathers and levels of formality, and what are the ages of your coats?

I have several, since we live in a damp climate.

Most worn: Helly Hansen lined knee length with hood, about 3 years old. Worn almost every day in winter.

Oldest: ski jacket (still used for skiing but not often), probably 20 years old.

Not worn often; more formal wool blend, black tweed, for going out. Around 10 years old. A sparkly brooch lives on its lapel.

M0nica Sat 19-Apr-25 07:15:33

....and a very old thread.

Allsorts Sat 19-Apr-25 07:17:49

I have a. Barbour plus another shorter Fat Face one, 4 quilted very warm ones, 4 blazers, short dressy jacket, fleeces, full length coat, worn once and my new denim one. They make an outfit but i myst not under any circumstances consider another one. I am ready for any weather.

Greenfinch Mon 05-Oct-26 07:10:42

Reported

CarrotTop Mon 05-Oct-26 07:57:43

I think I must have bought more coats than I've had hot dinners and I've never found exactly the right one. I ought to have moved to the Equator decades ago, where I wouldn't even need a perishing coat!
DH, on the other hand, has owned one coat for about 35 years and loves it.

Oreo Mon 05-Oct-26 12:43:05

Six year old thread.

Greenfinch Wed 07-Oct-26 17:15:04

It is not your post that I reported Allsorts but an advertising one that has been removed.