Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Apparently - Gender fluid fashion elevates men's looks!

(66 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Tue 08-Jan-19 17:02:32

For all you fashion conscious Grampy's out there ….

www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/how-gender-fluid-fashion-elevated-men’s-looks-at-the-golden-globes/ar-BBRXotw?ocid=spartanntp#image=2

I've added 2 of my favourites- Grampy has a birthday coming up soon and I can see him in the cape , out walking the dog !!

Is it wrong to say I like my men to wear a well cut suit ?

MissAdventure Fri 11-Jan-19 22:05:43

My mum used to say "liberty bodice!" to us when we were small, and we thought she was being really rude!
Even though we didn't know what one was.

Nanna58 Fri 11-Jan-19 22:16:40

Count yourself lucky you didn’t know them MissA We had to wear ours EVEN IN THE SUMMER in case we ‘ caught a chill’ ! Rubber button! Laces! Vice rubbed on underneath! You can tell Im still traumatised lol ?

MissAdventure Fri 11-Jan-19 22:18:46

I know my mum hated them too.
How times have changed!

Nanna58 Fri 11-Jan-19 22:20:40

Meant Vics rubbed on! Spellcheck made it sound a bit 50 shades!

MissAdventure Fri 11-Jan-19 22:23:41

grin

gilfreal56 Wed 24-Feb-21 20:13:31

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Wyllow3 Sun 27-Sept-26 08:40:39

Theoddbird

Why should gorgeous flamboyant clothes be just for women. In past ages men wore equally glorious clothes as the women. Also in the 60s through 70s men broke out of staid fashion. As did I. I am still a bit flamboyantly bohemian. I say go for it guys...become butterflies again

I say that too. I love a bit of difference. That lovely poem, "when I grow old I shall wear purple, and....well why not for men too.

I'd enjoy a day out in Brighton.

That said, I admit I prefer my bloke to wear smart casual, maybe it's for da youf after all.

Oreo Sun 27-Sept-26 08:44:12

Zombie thread

MawsRosie Sun 27-Sept-26 08:59:12

Oh but how nostalgic to read a post by nanaandgrampy - fondly remembered
RIP

MawsRosie Sun 27-Sept-26 09:01:27

Nanna58

Meant Vics rubbed on! Spellcheck made it sound a bit 50 shades!

Do you mean Vicks?

PamelaJ1 Sun 27-Sept-26 13:14:50

grandtanteJE65

Anyone else with their mothers' comments ringing in their ears from when we were young?

In 1975 or thereabouts I bought a new summer party dress: cream Indian cotton with brown crotched inserts. It was full length and very, very fashionable. I made the mistake of packing it when I went home to my parents in the summer holidays. My mother said, "What a nice nightie!" when she saw it. I was mortified, and she was shocked that I had gone to a party "dressed like that!"

I was at college in London and went up to visit my granny in Lancashire.
I was wearing bright yellow hot pants and over the knee socks. The coach driver looked at me as I got off and said “ee lass they’ll not have seen nowt like you up here!” I thought I looked absolutely fabulous 🤦🏼‍♀️

Wyllow3 Sun 27-Sept-26 13:29:32

In multi cultural inner city Manchester it didn't matter in any way in the 1970's 🤗..but venturing out into the sticks....

PamelaJ1 Sun 27-Sept-26 15:58:49

Wyllow was Burnley the sticks?😂

CarrotTop Sun 27-Sept-26 16:12:43

I'm not against people of any gender, race or chosen tribe wearing exactly what they like. Fair dos. It's when they work at it too hard that I lose interest. I'm more interested in a man's personality than whether he's wearing the current fashion.

CarrotTop Sun 27-Sept-26 16:15:28

MawBroon

I remember posting this last year I think.
Oo la la!

MawBroon, I wonder whether he wears that in the singing room at the Dog & Duck? hmm