Just seen an article about the Closing Ceremony. Now's our chance to plead for our case, namely that it is not ruined by ageing rock stars, wheezing their old hits and displaying their hair dyes! _Here's my list of the banned_: *Paul McCartney+ Elton John Cliff Richard Brian May Tom Jones Kylie Madonna [as if] _Exceptions to the above_: Mick Jagger and the Stones Shirley Bassey Elvis Presley Any others for either list?
Can anyone help? I have to be in London on Sunday for Monday grandchildren care. Daughter's TV is small and dodgy so thought I'd go somewhere to view the Closing Ceremony fireworks (I assume they'll have some). Can anyone recommend a good vantage point?
Well just read that Spice Girls are on the list for closing ceremony I did mention this in an earlier post but it was only said in jest so don't blame me (duck's behind the sofa)
Woo hoo! Just read that Elbow are performing 'One Day Like This' tonight! You see! They listened to me!! Listen, enjoy and inwardly digest the lyrics! Puts Hey Jude in the shade and makes up for Spice Girls, Macca, and all the other old folk who are getting their £1 wages.