I have some sympathy with the moderators, I posted upthread, someone disagreed with me, that is fine, I am not offended, as it is in relation to what I posted. It was not personnel, just a difference of opinion.
Gransnet moderators must have to deal with a minefield, as with many differences of opinion, what would upset one poster would not upset another.
I think all moderators can do is keep to the guidelines posted, which will have agreement with some, and disagreement with others.
I will carry on reading and enjoying this site, I will not get involved with what the moderators do. As I said upthread I had 3 posts deleted first time in years. I accepted it and moved on.
Also Gransnet do give warnings before banning, we do not know the circumstances, and moderators cannot disclose the reasons under data protection. Hence the reason I enjoy the site and do not involve myself with the politics.