Out in the real world most things have a delete facility - we have erasers, tippex, snowpake, whitewash as well as backspacing and delete keys. Other forums and social media allow posters to delete or edit. Just because Mumsnet doesn't allow it isn't a good argument against in my opinion. Another thread moaned about people duplicating comments and posting without reading other posts so having a delete or edit button at least allows that sort of irritating problem to be sorted out by the poor poster. And all those irritating badly spelled and punctuated titles might get amended. And yes, personally I would like to delete things I've written but I don't want to have to explain why to anyone else. I think it's called free speech. But of course, GNHQ likes to have full access to all our comments for advertising purposes and if we cut out our comments now and again it b*ggers things up...
Gransnet forums
Site stuff
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »



(I was addressing *Jess' s post to me) 