annifrance - we have neighbours like that too. The last jam was pear jam, still haven't opened it. And I have a jar of bottled cherries, which are a pale yellow colour and look more like pickled onions (I wish!)Bought at a village sale.
I think it's a tradition going back to the days when there was a food shortage in the winter so you had to preserve the summer harvests of fruit and veg.
A friend bought an old house, almost a ruin, and found a range of shelves full of jars of preserved veg. and fruit, maybe still edible? We've got jars of jam going back at least 3 years, but we eat very little jam now.
Not wanting to pick up 10 month old granddaughter
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


. It's not harming anyone so I'll carry on accepting the gift with grace. But I was wondering if anyone else has found that being polite has left them in a similar quite silly situation? 
.