My dog seems to get what I can only describe as colic. He has has 3 episodes lately about every 10 days. I've changed his diet to fish and chicken. Once he is over it -after about a few hours he's absolutely fine.
Sorry I know this is an old post, but this sounds a lot like a condition called 'bloat', my friend's dog used to get it. Like Regalo she moved onto a grain free food - Ci's Vim n Vigour, but this one is duck and potato and she's not had an episode since. I think grain free might be a good thing to try.
Thanks for resurrecting this.. yes, we changed his diet to chicken and rice, and feed little and often -we haven't got that right and he constantly thinks he is getting short measures and barks for more - but the point is he hasn't had an episode since.