nadateturbe
Sago
nadateturbe
The best solution would be for the protesters to go in, shut the door, ignore them, and let them have their little march, then we can get on with caring about important issues.
In NI it is an important issue.
Sago people have got their priorities wrong in NI. I live here, I know that if older people could just forget the past - both "sides" - the younger generations might have a better future. There are more important issues than a flipping border, flags, Irish language etc. Everyday problems are more important.
Perhaps these men shouldn't be allowed to march, but wouldn't it be simpler just to ignore them?
Unfortunately from both sides there is aggravation, the flags, the kerb stones etc.
The Orange marches are deliberately provocative.
I still find it hard to comprehend there are still barriers/peace gates on the Falls and Shankhill Rd areas.
It’s all very precarious.
I agree the past should be buried and forgotten but it’s so deep rooted, I don’t think it will ever happen.
My late Father (awful man) spoke Gaelic as his first language, lived and worked in England from the age of 30 and was die hard pro IRA, deep down he hated the English.
He was very highly educated but could never see the other side.
I think if he had gone back to live in Ireland he would have ended up in prison foe a terrorist crime.