Gransnet forums

Health

Help finding a front fastening bra

(41 Posts)
shysal Sun 27-Sept-26 12:31:09

Another swiveller here. I also step into my night time compression breast band (for breast lymphoedema), and my hips are not slender!!

Incidentally, I am a recent convert to jelly bras. They are very comfortably soft, with no wires, gently hold in the back fat and also even out my lop-sidedness following lumpectomy..

petra Sun 27-Sept-26 08:40:09

Ginny
Thanks for the laugh 😂
If memory serves me correct BlueBelle is very slim.👋

Calendargirl Sun 27-Sept-26 08:25:27

I’ve always been a ‘front fastener and swiveller’.

Often wished, when watching a film where, after torrid sex, the girl puts on her bra and somehow fastens it at the back without fuss, to be able to do the same.

Perhaps the ‘torrid sex’ is part of the equation?

😂

grandMattie Sun 27-Sept-26 05:56:33

I do my bra up in front then turn it round.
Nursing bras often open in front…

ginny Sun 27-Sept-26 05:53:47

5:29 BlueBelle

Use an ordinary bra leave it done up and step into it
( You can even step into it sitting on the bed if you’re balance isn’t good) till it’s at your thighs then stand up to pull it up
rest of the way.
For years I ve stepped into my bra not because I have to it’s just so much easier than undoing and doing up.

Oh my! You must have very slim hips. If I tried this I’d be wearing the bra on my buttocks all day. 😁

Kupari45 Sat 26-Sept-26 21:45:07

I'm not sure what the rules are about advertising, but I can reccomend Glamorise front fastening Bras from a firm called Ample Bosom in North Yorks. Been wearing these Bras for the last 10 years. ones I wear are item 9245.
They are great support, specially if like me you are a C cup.

Elless Sat 26-Sept-26 09:21:08

I had a replacement shoulder last November and have worn these since then -

www.marksandspencer.com/flexifit-non-wired-full-cup-bra-a-dd/p/clp60499270?color=WHITE#intid=pid_pg1pip48g4r4c2

cornergran Sat 26-Sept-26 05:52:21

I’m a do it up at the front and swivel it round person. Good to know I’m not alone as friends think I’m shall we say unusual. 😂. Those all in one stretchy bras are comfortable and also work for me, especially useful for hospital stays and scans.

BlueBelle Sat 26-Sept-26 05:29:30

Use an ordinary bra leave it done up and step into it
( You can even step into it sitting on the bed if you’re balance isn’t good) till it’s at your thighs then stand up to pull it up
rest of the way.
For years I ve stepped into my bra not because I have to it’s just so much easier than undoing and doing up

Grammaretto Sat 26-Sept-26 02:25:28

I'm another who has never been able to do up a back fastening bra behind my back but always swivelled it around. 😉

I bought a front opening bra once when I was pregnant. Apparently "maternity" bras are often made that way.

Gin Fri 25-Sept-26 23:48:04

I bought a front fastening bra from MissSweden but had to cut the back and insert a strip of elastic because there was no adjustment at all possible. I have a broad back and often use an extender to the back fastening. So if you do find one, check the measurements carefully. I always fasten at the front and swivel it around to my back, no problem.

Oldnproud Fri 25-Sept-26 21:17:43

petra

From when I first wore a bra I fastened it at the front and swivelled it to the back. I thought most women did that 🤷‍♀️

It's kind of reassuring to know that it's not just me who does that hilarious 🤣

petra Fri 25-Sept-26 21:11:01

From when I first wore a bra I fastened it at the front and swivelled it to the back. I thought most women did that 🤷‍♀️

Oldnproud Fri 25-Sept-26 21:05:12

Not quite what you were asking, but I fasten all my ordinary back-fastening bras at the front then swivel them round before putting my arms through the straps. I have always done that,

If you havent already tried that (apologies if you have), it might be worth considering before you buy any others?

rubysong Fri 25-Sept-26 20:59:38

How about the 'tank top' kind of thing with a built in bra. They are cropping up on my Facebook relentlessly. I imagine they would be easy to put on and comfortable. I have soft pull on bras from Tesco, cheap as chips and comfy. But I don't have a huge amount to support.

sweetpea Fri 25-Sept-26 20:42:06

Wonder if anyone can recommend a front fastening bra. I have arthritis in my left shoulder and the back of my neck and having a devil of a job fastening a back fastening bra. Any recommendations please?