What three things have you enjoyed most about your garden this summer? Apart from the sunshine that is. Early new potatoes delicious and full of flavour. The lavender, so fragrant and teeming with bees. Box after box of beautiful shiny blackberries. What a fabulous summer this is.
Ive loved my hanging baskets show this year. My nasturtiums have just gone on and on, I ve loved my lavender shrubs which have flowered well even though they were just cuttings from a friend a couple of years ago and of course My herbs have been flourishing. I love my garden only wish I could afford to pay someone to do the hedge cutting and pruning that it needs, but despite that Ive spent more time in the garden than ever this year.
Our garden has been a picture and the crops (beans, courgettes, tomatoes, etc.) are doing well. All that is missing is the sound of two little grandsons running about - they are 8000 miles away!
jingl my swing- thing stays out in the winter I just take the cushions in. I've had this one at least 10 years and it cost £150 from Range in an end-of-season sale. Still going strong and the only thing I replaced was the canopy cover, again in a sale for £30 last year.
A nervous jay getting used to the birdbath and coming regularly. The lantana which has had the best year ever after a Portuguese prune, encouraging loads of swallowtail butterflies. Best of all having no paying guests in August so I didn't have to keep buying bedding plants to make the garden pretty when it wants to be dormant.