Gransnet forums

Games

More song lyrics 8

(931 Posts)
dayvidg Sun 19-Jan-25 18:03:46

When you're near
There's such an air of spring about it
I can hear a lark somewhere
Begin to sing about it
There's no love song finer
But how strange the change
From major to minor
Ev'ry time we say goodbye

dayvidg Tue 06-Oct-26 15:40:01

I never believed in things that I couldn't see
I said if I can't feel it then how can it be
No, no magic could happen to me
And then I saw you
I couldn't believe it, you took my heart
I couldn't retrieve it, said to myself
What's it all about
Now I know there can be no doubt
You can do magic
You can have anything that you desire
Magic, and you know
You're the one who can put out the fire
You know darn well
When you cast your spell you will get your way
When you hypnotize with your eyes
A heart of stone can turn to clay

Grandyma Wed 07-Oct-26 00:26:34

You can do magic
You took the raindrops that filled my eyes
And put them back up in the skies
And then made the grey skies turn blue
You can do magic
You took a heart that was broken in two
And you put it back together, know how to keep it beating
I beg you not to stop and pray you keep repeating your
Magic, magic, magic, you can do magic, baby (magic baby)
You can do magic, magic
And I know that every dream of every lover comes true
When you can do magic, magic
Like you can do magic, honey
Love is never tragical
When you got the magical feelings coming through

dayvidg Wed 07-Oct-26 15:10:34

There's a little rosewood casket
Resting on a marble stand
With a packet of old love letters
Written by my true love's hand
Go and bring them to me, sister
Read them over for me tonight
I have often tried, but I could not
For the tears that filled my eyes

Grandyma Wed 07-Oct-26 18:43:09

On a day like today
We passed the time away
Writing love letters in the sand
How you laughed when I cried
Each time I saw the tide
Take our love letters from the sand
You made a vow that you
Would ever be true
But somehow that vow
Meant nothing to you
Now my broken heart aches
With every wave that breaks
Over love letters in the sand

dayvidg Thu 08-Oct-26 16:34:05

I waited for you winter long
You seem to be where I belong
It's all illusion anyway
If things should ever turn out wrong
And all the love we have is gone
It won't be easy on that day
Waiting to follow
Through the dreamlight of your ways
Is not so easy for me now
Half the time has passed away
Things we thought of yesterday
Come back now, come back now, oh