A red brick Victorian Children’s Home that was run in Victorian times by my Great grandmother and Great grandfather. They were known as the Master and Mistress by the orphans there. This was in London.
It was a large expensive house with manicured gardens we were not allowed to walk on. My junior school was an old castle at the top of a hill, so nothing.
The District Hospital. I remember being booked in to have my tonsils removed aged 7. My mother came to pick me up around lunch time to take me across . Whilst in the waiting room we were told the operation was to be cancelled until the following week. My mum said "I can drop you back at school" me "Noooo! we're going to be tested on the Catechism this afternoon, pre Holy Communion, take me home pleeeese!" I managed to get round her, thank God!
The school was on a corner with the Church across the road on one side and on the other side a row of cottages where in later years my brother lived for a time.