Love the airport story!
When I was a science teacher in my 30s there was a section of work for the 13 year olds, on the topic of waves. Anyone who has taught secondary will know the danger of anything vaguely smutty - class in giggles and order hard to restore. In one section I was supposed to make waves in a tank of water by using a little bit of electronic kit called a vibrator. No way! It was a "thing that vibrates" as far as I was concerned. But the next topic was the internal combustion engine including the rotary kind. I just had to bite the bullet and keep a straight face, pre-empt the smut and refer to "The unfortunately named Wankel engine."
And on a more personal note - the only time I have ever had something stolen from my car the thief's haul included a plastic model of the female pelvis and a vibrator. I did wonder what they made of that.
Gransnet forums
Classics
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

, plastic and cold! It worked ok with some imagination, but you can’t beat the real thing!
.