“Cossy
“Cillafan
Sago
What an unpleasant thread.
I agree, people who despise him so are letting Donald reside 'rent-free' in their minds, whatever he's thought of, no one can say he hasn't raised his children to be fine, upstanding citizens, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, just living a decent, law-abiding life......smile“
Is this some type of irony???“
Just to clarify, when I asked if this was “some type of irony”, I was referring -only to Cillafan’s comment regarding Trumps children. I was not in any way inferring that Sago had commended or even commented on Trump’s children.
Gransnet forums
Chat
D'you Reckon That When Trump Dies.......
(150 Posts)........he will be accorded a State Funeral as dignified as President Kennedy's?
Or will he get the funeral he REALLY deserves........
Just a whimsical thought on a wet Saturday morning.
Sarnia no one on here said for one moment Barron had been brainwashed by the Tates. They stated he was associated with the Tates, which he has been and it’s been stated in different media.
I also totally accept that people are capable of doing both good and bad things, I do commend his actions in helping to save someone’s life and also, to be very fair to Trump’s children, they cannot help who their father is, not his actions.
The fact that they turned out reasonably well though is almost certainly due to their three mothers.
Cossy
Cillafan
Not quite as accurate as you’d like to think;
“Donald Trump’s three oldest adult children—Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump—have faced legal findings and public scrutiny regarding financial practices and ethical conflicts.
In contrast, his younger children, Tiffany Trump and Barron Trump, have largely avoided the spotlight and have not been implicated in any unlawful or illegal conduct.“
I reckon a Donald Trump hater instigated this unnecessary, wasteful, tax-payer funded 'investigation', he or she couldn't get at Donald, so decided to take their loathing out on his kiddies, well, it's obvious no impropriety has taken place, or it would make the News, also his SIL Jared at least tried to get Putin too seek peace recently, I stand by what I said about them.....
Cillafan That’s fine, you are totally entitled to your opinion.
I stand by mine that their respective mothers all had far more influence on their early upbringing than Trump, and they can hardly be blamed for their father.
I know very little about the two younger children, Tiffany and Barron, however, like it or not, there’s been plenty of controversy around the three older children.
The 'Flamingo Revolution' in Albania, the largest disruption in recent history has happened because the Kushners are attempting to buy public land there, and government corruption has been suggested.
Cillafan
They are not their Dad, but some of their activities are questionable and worthy of investigation.
People with a lot of power are needfully under public scrutiny especially in a place where people are out to make money out of their position at times as Farage is.
Truly, not out of spite, but straight up, and of course we have to distinguish between different children in the case of the Trump family.
It happened to the Biden family, it would always shadow the Clinton family, never mind the Kennedy family, I mean look at the current Kennedy. (Reminds me of "dynasties", which fortunately akaik doesn't happen in the UK.
Maremia
The 'Flamingo Revolution' in Albania, the largest disruption in recent history has happened because the Kushners are attempting to buy public land there, and government corruption has been suggested.
None of them, including Jared, appear to be very honest, law abiding people!
Jared took over his fathers company as his father faced criminal charges, Jared himself started his political allegiances as a staunch and very supportive Democrat, then from 2009-2018 was independent, then became a very vocal Republican, acting as an informal campaign manager, facing shedloads of critique once his FiL became president re his “suggestions” for policy decisions which directly benefited his own businesses.
The Trump extended family have profited greatly from Trump's actions. Billions in cryptocurrency for example. Also trying to market seaview building sites in Gaza.
Btw, at the risk of being very boring, their activities have been in both UK and US media.
Donald Trump’s three older children—Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump—have faced numerous public controversies, ethical inquiries, and legal challenges involving their business roles and political activities.
Donald Trump Jr.
• 2016 Trump Tower Meeting:
Attended a 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer who offered damaging information about Hillary Clinton during the presidential campaign, prompting intense scrutiny.
• Dissemination of Misinformation: Frequently criticized for spreading online conspiracy theories, controversial remarks on race and immigration, and misleading statements regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
• New York Civil Fraud Trial:
Named as a co-defendant alongside his father and brother in New York AG Letitia James’s civil fraud lawsuit, where he served as an Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization.
Ivanka Trump
• White House Role and Nepotism: Faced ethics and conflict-of-interest criticisms regarding her and her husband Jared Kushner’s official advisory roles in the Trump administration.
• Labor and Manufacturing Practices: Faced allegations concerning poor working conditions and labor standards at foreign supplier factories linked to her personal fashion and shoe brand.
• New York Civil Fraud Trial:
Testified as a witness in the New York civil fraud case after being involved in negotiating key loans, such as with Deutsche Bank, despite attempting to distance herself from the family business.
Eric Trump
• New York Civil Fraud Trial:
Served as a co-defendant and Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization, testifying in the civil fraud proceedings where prosecutors presented emails contradicting his claims of non-involvement in financial statements.
• Eric Trump Foundation Scrutiny:
Faced questions regarding whether the charity golf tournament meant to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital improperly benefited the Trump Organization financially through use of course facilities.
• Real Estate and Tax Allegations: Accused of engaging in below-market real estate transactions with his father to minimize gift and income taxes.
sources
AI
BBC2
ABC News
The independent
There are others, but I rest my case!
Cossy
Try and have pity for one of his Ocolytes. They know no better 😂
petra
Cossy
Try and have pity for one of his Ocolytes. They know no better 😂
I do have pity for them, I’d even pity Trump if he wasn’t so dangerous and damaging!
Not 'boring' Cossy, thanks.
Thanks Cossy for your list- most of Trump's children are not upstanding citizens.
That is those closest to him, and of an age and business focus, are well embroiled in Trump's shady dealings, each seeking to $$ profit from their father's presidency. Including and not forgetting his favoured son in law Jared.
Sago
What an unpleasant thread.
Why?
I assume you're a MAGA, therefore devoid of any moral compass.
I cant imagine why Trump has won twice, it is a mystery, what with the genius strategy of his opponents.
I think that was the problem- the lack of Democratic Party genius strategy during the election cycles - when it really mattered.
For the second term- Biden was stubborn in his decision to hang on and essentially gave Trump a second term on a plate.
LemonJam
I think that was the problem- the lack of Democratic Party genius strategy during the election cycles - when it really mattered.
For the second term- Biden was stubborn in his decision to hang on and essentially gave Trump a second term on a plate.
I completely agree.
Yes. Biden hung on far too long.
Sago
What an unpleasant thread.
It’s just indicative of the loathing he has generated, after all the trouble and chaos he’s caused.
Are you perhaps a fan of his?
The Democrats blew it Galaxy.
All that pretending that Biden was fit and well, until it was too late to mount a campaign for a winner.
But the irony.
'Sleepy Jo Biden'.
And now, all those photos of Trump falling asleep.
Cossy
LemonJam
I think that was the problem- the lack of Democratic Party genius strategy during the election cycles - when it really mattered.
For the second term- Biden was stubborn in his decision to hang on and essentially gave Trump a second term on a plate.I completely agree.
Yes, I think so too.
Do you remember George Clooney publicly calling for Biden to step-down in 2024?
I've had to check with Google AI because I can't remember what he wrote in the NY Times article, but he called for an Open Primary and "urged Democratic leaders to stop ignoring clear warning signs and called for an open convention to select an alternative candidate."
Unfortunately, he (Clooney) had hosted a ("record-breaking") Democratic fund-raiser just a few weeks prior to penning this essay, which gave Donald Trump - with some justification - the opportunity to accuse Clooney of stabbing Biden in the back, though I doubt that was Trump's genuine concern as he continued to mock and vilify both Clooney and Biden in his personal attacks against the actor who he dismissed as "fake" and "second rate"
*
Clooney's defence rests on the interaction he had with Biden during the fund-raising event where ne noted that he was not not the Joe 'big F-ing deal' Biden of 2010" or even 2020 but rather the exact same diminished figure seen during his disastrous June 2024 debate performance.
Kamala Harris - Clooney stated that automatically replacing Biden with Kamala Harris without a competitive primary "was a mistake" because it forced her to run defensively against her own administration's record.
Clooney has his critics - but Trump's almost apoplectic response to the NYT's article said more about Trump than it did about Clooney.
(* Clooney's record as an actor, director, and producer, tells a very different story!)
Gosh, reading your post again, Galaxy, do you think he won it on merit?
[applause]
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

