Gransnet forums

Chat

What's next for Meghan and Harry?

(78 Posts)
MarieElla Tue 06-Oct-26 10:17:09

This is not a pile on/hate thread, more like I started it out of idle curiosity.
I find these two very entertaining.
They had it all, fame, money...etc. and threw it all away.
So, what do we think they should do next?

Boz Wed 07-Oct-26 16:43:57

MarieElla

Boz I didn't know the children had been photographed. I understood that 2 men suspected of being paparazzi were seen outside the school?

This was a sneaky pic posted briefly on Utube and not there now. Phone picture taken by, probably, another parent.
You cannot stop sneaky phone pics.. - instantly sent anywhere,

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 16:49:40

That's true.

Applegran Wed 07-Oct-26 17:06:41

They love their children and the children are in school in England - so that may indicate that they expect to stay here.

butterandjam Wed 07-Oct-26 17:12:50

MarieElla

I think the acting ship has sailed for Meghan, especially due to the response from the producers of the Gentleman following the rumours that she was to have a part in their next season.

I've just binge-watched (and enjoyed) The Gentlemen Series 1. Deadly violence was played out in an elegant, comedically tongue in cheek way.

By the end of series 2 , it had turned far darker. The final scene of violence by both the main characters (the "Gentlemen" ) is truly shocking.

The most privileged aristocratic brothers/ rival heirs have been reduced to monsters of depravity in a sewer of amoral cruelty and revenge.

Whoever proposed offering Meghan a role in the next chapter of such a story line was surely joking...... at her expense and Harry's.

Margs Wed 07-Oct-26 17:14:20

Oh, I'm sure they'll find their niche on "Traitors" or "Strictly Not Really Come Dancing" and what about Meg comandeering "Bake Off"?

eazybee Wed 07-Oct-26 17:26:11

I don't think Meghan or Harry are reclusive;they love publicity and attention, but only on their terms so they can control it. The best way of attracting attention is to arrive somewhere with two cars full of security officers. And what will they do when the attention wanes?

hollysteers Wed 07-Oct-26 17:26:21

RosesandLilac

I guess it’s asking too much that they just shut up and go back to Monteshiteshow isn’t it?
--ever the optimist--

“Monteshiteshow”😁

FranP Wed 07-Oct-26 18:42:44

MT62

I don’t know. Why are they back over here anyway?
Still like Harry, I don’t truely think he’s happy with her.

She was offered an acting role. Whatever you think of her, she is a reasonably good actor, if you watched Suits.

He is still the face of the Invictus games, who presumably have to pay for his services now.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 18:52:32

She wasn't offeted the acting role, the Gentlemen production team made that clear!
She was a reasonable actor on Suits but hardly A list!

honeyrose Wed 07-Oct-26 22:14:36

I don’t really know why they’re here, and I was very surprised when they came back, but I think they’ll soon return to the USA. I can’t see it working out for them here.

Mojack26 Thu 08-Oct-26 00:10:18

I think Harry's visa is up. Don't paticulary carefor either of them. Defo an ulterior motive for coming back here and Trump hates Meghan. I feel for their kids...

nanna8 Thu 08-Oct-26 00:16:57

I saw a pic of their children online. Nothing noticeable about either of them so I really don’t quite get what they are so paranoid about. You wouldn’t pick those kids out a crowd, just normal looking littlies . I suppose it is another publicity seeking thing trying to make themselves ‘different’. Poor children, hope they have a good nanny.

Deedaa Thu 08-Oct-26 00:28:38

I'm not sure the Cotswolds was the best choice. I think Meghan will find a lot of people who consider themselves far more important than a couple of ex royals. After all his complaints about being The Spare Harry seems to be settling into the role of Meghan's spare. She seems to be doing all the transatlantic business, while he acts the part of a house husband and is given a few treats like Invictus to keep him occupied.

David49 Thu 08-Oct-26 05:10:32

Are they living in the Cotswolds, I thought it was close to the
Althorpe estate which is some distance away.
For the sake of the children I just hope they settle down quietly

eazybee Thu 08-Oct-26 06:20:51

Who would pay £112 for a calendar which is just a symbol of the commercialisation of Christmas anyway?

Far too many people.
You can buy Advent calendars with alcohol, beauty products, items of clothing, plants and jewellery, at colossal prices, and absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.

Macaydia Thu 08-Oct-26 06:54:55

eazybee

I think we all overestimated Meghan, thinking her ambition was to be a member of the royal family and what an asset she would be. Wrong, She simply saw Harry as a very wealthy husband she could easily manipulate, and thought she would be living in a palace with endless privileges, no responsibilities and a member of the international jet set.

Harry thought he would escape all the onerous royal responsibilities but choose the ones he favoured and come and go as he pleased, being a Prince of the Royal Blood. Wrong.
Now they have realised their only claim to privilege is his position as fifth in line to the Throne, and the children as sixth and seventh...........Who knows?
Hence the scramble to get them an English education.

Meghan won't let them, or Harry, out of her sight because nice Uncle Charlie Spencer might just have more of an influence on him than she bargained for.

The soap opera continues.

Simply, she fell in love with Harry.

MarieElla Thu 08-Oct-26 07:01:26

I don't doubt she fell in love with Harry but doubt she would have even given him 5 minutes of her time had he not been a prince.

Calendargirl Thu 08-Oct-26 07:06:25

MarieElla

I don't doubt she fell in love with Harry but doubt she would have even given him 5 minutes of her time had he not been a prince.

Yes, I think the title swung it really.

David49 Thu 08-Oct-26 07:56:36

It was the title and money she would be secure for life whether it lasted or not but she did not understand that she would have to stand in line behind higher ranking royals.
It was all made worse by Harry being the petulant poor me for being second born

eazybee Thu 08-Oct-26 11:10:01

Simply, she fell in love with Harry.

Sorry, but I really do not think so.

MarieElla Thu 08-Oct-26 11:13:57

She fell in love with a charming prince just like Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty did....

mokryna Thu 08-Oct-26 12:55:35

MarieElla and the ending depends on which version you read as a child.

butterandjam Thu 08-Oct-26 13:02:48

nanna8

I saw a pic of their children online. Nothing noticeable about either of them so I really don’t quite get what they are so paranoid about. You wouldn’t pick those kids out a crowd, just normal looking littlies . I suppose it is another publicity seeking thing trying to make themselves ‘different’. Poor children, hope they have a good nanny.

I doubt you have seen their faces.

We've all seen umpteen photos of the Sussex children, never their faces. Either they have their back to camera or a heart or other mask has covers the faces.

MarieElla Thu 08-Oct-26 13:17:06

Not showing the children's faces has become farcical now.
If (and I very much doubt they will be) they are invited to a public RF event, will they have their children turn their backs or walk backwards or pixilate their faces??

Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 13:36:01

Let’s be honest and fair, all of us, including me, have zero idea what this family are truly like in person, ie all we know of them is their mad, daft and utterly ill thought out behaviour.

None of us actually know exactly what went on behind closed doors and probably never will.

I hope as a family, the RF sort themselves out, I’m not a royalist, though I did admire our Queen and her work ethic and sense of duty, which sadly was marred by Andrew and the massive “coverup” which clearly took place.

I don’t think his daughters should have “Grace and favour” houses and I think their sycophant sucking up to William is utterly sickening.

I cannot think of anything worse than being born into our RF and nothing would have persuaded me to marry into it.

Personally I think the vitriol and spite heaped on H&M is totally ott, and the only royal I have any time for at all is Princess Anne, not only a hardworking Royal, but a very talented horsewoman with a blunt and open approach to life.

Just my opinion, others will differ. smile