Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 2nd October 2026

(67 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 02-Oct-26 05:03:29

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in Brackley .
Up to my usual routine with a bus trip into Bicester , shop, chat to those I know.
The result of Urine sample was clear , next stage a MRI scan sometime in coming weeks .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Gracey Fri 02-Oct-26 07:27:40

Good morning all from Warwickshire. The house feels a bit chilly but I am not putting the heating on just yet. The fire in the sitting room warms the place up quickly.
Not quite sure what the day will bring. It's going to be a go-with-the-flow day I think. I have lots of little jobs to do but not much inclination to do them. Once I get started I hope I'll get some momentum going. I do intend to give myself a pedicure after my shower this morning.
Mr G has just brought me a mug of tea and suggested we use our bus passes and go to Warwick for a pub lunch. I'm game! That will be a nice bus ride and whenever we are there we usually walk in the park alongside the River Avon so some gentle exercise too. Memories too of going there with a picnic with the children when they were young. Doesn't seem that long ago in my head, but decades have passed and as has been mentioned, time seems to fly by.
Happy Friday all. Hope you have as good a day as possible.

Jaxjacky Fri 02-Oct-26 07:29:22

Morning from a cloudy S Hants, I slept well, what a difference that makes.
Yesterday was an ‘off’ day on the teeth front I’m hoping for an improvement today. My daughter called in early evening as grandson was at football training locally.
Sorry to hear that Gelisa I hope the appointment is swift.
Pleased Iris was happy gMattie she has a lot going on at a tricky age.
No real plans today, bedding to be washed, hope the sun comes out.
🦩 🦩

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 07:32:49

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 13°C, with rain forecast.

I am up earlier than usual, because I have a double GP appointment first thing.
I feel dreadful, DH has thrashed about most of the night, including kicking my painful knee🤬
I had gone to bed very early, because I had a dizzy and buses spell, having overdone things yesterday.

"Novella alert.*

DH and I decided to take the train to the Suuth Side for our anniversary lunch. It is only a fifteen minute journey, but it takes thirty minutes for me to walk to the station, due to my pain.
Consequently, we went over the field to the station. Big mistake!! It was a quagmire.Squelch, squelch! Our feet were covered in mud. Grr.

I was taking picture clues for DD, to work out, where we were going. She guess right away from a picture of a bush at our destination station. 🤣

The reason, I had wanted to go to the Southside was to visit the world food warehouse. We cleared the shelves of rose turkish delight. I needed some for gifts and of courseone for myself.
Poor DH could hardly carry the bag
I had a wander around the charity shop and came out of one, with a brand new fur jacket. The assistant asked if I happened to .I've that colour.
I was dressed head to toe ( apart from my trainers) in shades of aquamarine.
DH just rolled his eyes.

The best bit is stl to come, but I need to be out for 8am and the gas engineer is due also.
I shall be back later.
I am still laughing at what happened next.

Enjoy your day.x

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 07:34:01

Sorry for the typos!

BlueSapphire Fri 02-Oct-26 07:35:05

Good morning everyone from a fine dry Northampton, more of the same today with temperatures reaching 20°C.
Up earlier as I have a flu jab booked at the pharmacy for this morning.

Another warm day yesterday and my washing dried beautifully on the line. Sainsburys delivered at lunchtime, had everything except the particular red wine I ordered.
Enjoyed Traitors last night!

After my flu jab I aim to walk to our local shopping precinct, it's only 10/15 minutes; may have a look in the library, then have a coffee in the little cafe we go to on Mondays after yoga. Then will pick a bottle of red wine in Tescos before getting a bus home.

Home for lunch, and later will make a keema curry for dinner tonight.

Wishing all a pleasant Friday.

karmalady Fri 02-Oct-26 07:37:46

Gelisa another worrying time for you both flowers

harrigran Fri 02-Oct-26 07:43:22

Good morning from a dry NE where it is 11° with a forecast of 17° this afternoon.
Today I am going out for lunch with my friend, her DH drops us off so that she can have a drink.
When I return home I will need to sort my clothes for tomorrow, I am going to a lunchtime birthday party.
Have a good day.

Liberty Fri 02-Oct-26 07:44:30

Good morning and a lovely start to the day here in Suffolk. Very shortly I’ll be following DH in his car which is going to our excellent local garage for a service so I can bring him home.

The garage always offers a courtesy car but he has no plans to go out today apart for the usual dog walk and it always seems a bit thoughtless to use one of their limited pool of cars when we have 2 and can ferry the other around.

I’m meeting a friend for coffee later and we’ve already chosen a cafe with a garden.

Hope all have a sunshine filled day. I haven’t read any posts yet so hope this isn’t optimistic if any are experiencing wet and cold.

Redcar Fri 02-Oct-26 07:48:10

Good morning everyone from mid Essex, it’s another dry sunny morning with a dry warm day to come.lots of posts to read this morning, so I’ll come back later to read them properly.
mick I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your scan, and gelisa I hope your DH doesn’t have to wait too long for the referral to come through.

gingster, I hope the carpet fitting goes well today and that you can get all the furniture etc back in the room later. Good that your DS’s are able to help you.

Have as good a day as is possible everyone.

grandMattie Fri 02-Oct-26 07:52:08

madeleine, an “empty” is a day when I have no commitments involving others…. Like today! X

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 02-Oct-26 07:56:49

💐for you HelterSkelter tackling the ongoing sadmin. It takes a while I was a full 3 months before all was done.

Gingster would the occasional taxi help you to navigate your days a bit easier? For instance the trip to the charity shop then perhaps a bus home? Just a thought. I feel for you with all you have on your plate and also for your poor dear husband. It can’t be easy for him since his stroke, watching this hive of industry knowing he’s of no help to you. Hard times for sure.

ginny Fri 02-Oct-26 07:59:26

Good morning. Sunny start again here in N.Bucks, long may it last.
My foot is easier this morning, more very achy than painful which is hopefully a good sign.Had a blood test yesterday following on from my GP appointment and now they are getting me an emergency scan for blood clots as we flew on Monday and want to rule that out. I’m not sure how quick emergency will be.
Bits and bobs to do at home and then I am meeting DD3 for lunch unless the appointment comes for that time.. Of course that would be Sods Law.
A cake to make later and a pie to make make for tomorrow and hopefully some art work somewhere along the way. Wishing all a good day with a smile along the e.

Gagagran Fri 02-Oct-26 08:03:22

Good Morning everyone from the central south coast where the sun is now out and dispersing the clouds we had at first light. It is definitely a bit cooler but very pleasant.

Well, yesterday went well apart from a health incident for me later on when my innards played up with no warning.
The stair lift fitter turned up as promised and it was lovely to talk with someone who has the same West Yorkshire accent as we still do after 23 years away from home turf! He was so kind and helpful and the whole experience from the initial telephone enquiry has been easy and efficient. I would heartily recommend the company we used ( based in our old neck of the woods) It took 4 hours and is already proving so much easier for me on the stairs. And definitely safer!

Today the plumber is due anytime soon to fit the new hot water pump. Then Tesco are due to deliver between 9 and 10am. I knew this week was going to be busy and it certainly has been but the weekend should be more relaxed.- hopefully.

Always good to read of everyone's "doings" and the chance to send best wishes to all posters and especially those in need of some positive vibes! Herewith supplied!

EkwaNimitee Fri 02-Oct-26 08:09:15

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright and dry Carlisle.
Yesterday was a morning of catch up on household jobs until my mid-morning Tesco delivery. The driver was not on his favourite round...solely in the city constantly stopping and hauling stuff out. He prefers the country runs, even up to Alston in the winter.
I just relaxed in the afternoon apart from a look through my clothing stuff. The only things I fished out for disposal were 2 or 3 scarves!
Today it's out to Sainsbury's where I need to pick up something from the Argos outlet. Whilst I'm there, I'll get one or two things Tesco doesn't stock plus the last minute items I forgot to progress through my Tesco order the night before delivery. I added them but didn't proceed!
I'm probably going to top up my fuel tank. I'm really glad I got rid of my big thirsty diesel car some years ago.
This afternoon, nothing planned except I'll continue to review more drawers of clothing. I've things for every possible situation some of which don't often come up.

I'm due my flu jab tomorrow and they'll probably also offer the covid one too. I was in doubt about combining the two as being too challenging for my body at the moment. Now I've seen your post Ashcombe, I shall put the covid one off for a week or two. I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day all of you if possible.

Poppy68 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:13:11

My first morning here and it's lovely to find such an active forum.
Good Morning 🌄 everyone. 🙏
I'm in Devon and it's a still, sun peaking through kinda morning.
I'm off sailing with the Disabled Sailing Association today. I'm very grateful for their volunteers that make this possible.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:17:02

Congratulations dragonfly on your PB win! What a windfall to enjoy!

Thinking of stilllearning
I hope the stronger magnifier has helped and that health wise things are getting on the right track.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 02-Oct-26 08:17:23

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.

Such a good dinner last night at one of our favourite restaurants. We had a sharing plate thing which included chicken in soy and chilli sauce and a sort of aubergine dish. OH ate most of the whitebait. We shared sticky toffee pudding and iced cream.

OH is having his Covid and flu jabs today. My appointment is next week.

Have a good day everyone.

monk08 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:17:56

Good morning all from the Black country.
Had our flu jabs yesterday DH also had his covid one, we then went round to the new community cafe for coffee and cake.
Today I have a few jobs that need doing so shall make an early start, will catch up with everybody's happenings later.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans 😎.

Grammaretto Fri 02-Oct-26 08:20:06

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Blue skies.

I've been knocked off course re the house move as my buyer's sale has fallen through so there I was one minute admiring my new tooth implant when my solicitor phoned with the news.

However it's just a setback. Hopefully another buyer will be found and my new house sellers will wait patiently..

Meanwhile I must continue the sorting and clearing.

I've taken time off from Friday volunteering until after the move.
I went ceilidh dancing last night to forget my woes.

Others have so much to contend with.

Thankyou for the beautiful autumn photos LateDecember

Hope everyone has the best day possible.

Poppy68 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:30:33

Hi In Ashcombe.
A much needed rest day for you.
I'm Exeter and off to Torquay today.

Georgesgran Fri 02-Oct-26 08:41:13

That’s a b*ggeration Grammaretto

yogitree Fri 02-Oct-26 08:51:12

Good morning from central Scotland where it’s full, dry and 12degrees. I have a lurgie ie bug. Aching head, persistent cough, no energy so avoiding Tai Chi and spreading it around. Trying to prepare for my cousins’ arrival from Australia too so that’s not only physically challenging but worrying that I may infect them. None of us are spring chickens!

Jaxjacky Fri 02-Oct-26 08:57:48

Morning and welcome Poppy enjoy your sail.

hollysteers Fri 02-Oct-26 09:02:07

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast.
Nice day yesterday, out to lunch with DD at a rustic vegetarian restaurant in the country and then on to look at wallpaper etc. to redecorate my bedroom.

In the evening to a local production by a travelling company. We sat on the front row and even for me, who likes the front row, it was too close. The leading man had such a ridiculous wig, it was hard to take him seriously. A small point, but a cogent one. Leading lady very good, the set was horrible.

Off to art soon and tonight popping into a friend’s with DD for drinks. We may indulge in fish and chips after that.

Thanks Gilly, nice top Karma, sorry to hear about Monica and thoughts to all🌺

Litterpicker Fri 02-Oct-26 09:19:30

Good morning from a cloudy but bright East Lothian. We arrived back yesterday evening after a delightful few days exploring the Moray/Aberdeenshire coast in our small campervan. We stayed at the Holiday Park attached to the Findhorn Community which DD2 has been encouraging us to visit. I could write a whole article about this beautiful and fascinating place but will restrain myself. The village at the tip of this peninsula is also interesting and the path that has been built makes it very accessible. We saw gannets diving out at sea, turnstones on the shoreline and, at dusk, flocks of pink-footed geese coming in to spend the night on the mudflats and water meadows.

We met up in Aberdeen with DGS who is now a student at Robert Gordon university. Nearly 3 weeks in he seems to be finding his way 🥰.

Grammaretto, what a blow for you re your house move - I hope things don’t take too long to move on again.

Marydoll, I holding my breath waiting to hear the rest of the story.

I’m full of admiration for all those on here, dealing with their challenges with humour and courage. Hope you all have the best possible day.