Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 2nd October 2026

(67 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 02-Oct-26 05:03:29

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in Brackley .
Up to my usual routine with a bus trip into Bicester , shop, chat to those I know.
The result of Urine sample was clear , next stage a MRI scan sometime in coming weeks .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Fri 02-Oct-26 17:40:37

Good news Poppysmum I hope you’ll be very happy there.

GrandmaC47 Fri 02-Oct-26 17:13:57

Always a plus 🤣

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 17:12:09

GrandmaC47

*Marydoll*, I’m pleased I’m not the only person who sends things to the wrong destination.
I wait in anticipation for the rest of your novello.

I couldn't bothered contacting GNHQ!.😂

At least I wasn't talking about anyone!!

GrandmaC47 Fri 02-Oct-26 16:59:45

Marydoll, I’m pleased I’m not the only person who sends things to the wrong destination.
I wait in anticipation for the rest of your novello.

Poppy68 Fri 02-Oct-26 16:58:26

Thank you

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 16:44:19

Wrong chat!! That was meant for DD.

I have been in bed all afternoon!!

The rest of the novella will come tomorrow.

Here is a teaser.

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 16:41:22

I had the docs at 8.45am. Dad had to stay in for the gasman.
Returned something at matalan, spent £20 in Asda and came home.
No TKMAXX or anything.
I was a good girl. No hanging about.
Mx

poppysmum Fri 02-Oct-26 12:19:59

good morning or rather good afternoon everyone. hope all ok and if not sending you all love and good wishes. nice and sunny here today but a little cold especially the wind at times.
my support worker was here yesterday got a lot done and she set up my phone with a new number for safety. now i have window alarms, ring door bell, new phone number, window film i can look out but people cannot look in, the only thing is when you put light on you need to shut the curtains as it becomes clear but i put curtains over anyway. added to which added a lock but the door has four locks which activate when you click the handle but with the bolt it looks more reassuring to me. a spy hole and safety chain too. all this is making me more secure especially now as they are re homing my ex who caused all the abuse to me of various kinds. as usual he did not co operate with the staff and he is now in a wheelchair due to his stroke. i know the housing will sort him out the officer said to me the abuser is cared for more than the abused. they will either put him in assisted living or a care home especially as he is 68. i know they will try to house him away from me.
on the plus side most things are sorted for me like money etc so i now just have to build a home and my life. due to being rural no transport mobility etc then i know i will have to find pleasure being alone which i am and hopefully find lots of maybe email pals so please pm me if you want an honest and caring email both ways

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 02-Oct-26 12:07:32

Oh that’s such a wonderful find for your daughter Gingster! I bet seeing her flute again made her both joyous and a bit emotional. Your husband is indeed a hoarder to have left such a stash untouched for 20 years!

EkwaNimitee Fri 02-Oct-26 11:44:41

Sorry to hear about your house moving setback Grammaretto. No wonder it’s such a stressful business. Fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Gingster Fri 02-Oct-26 11:43:14

Forgot to say Dd found her long lost flute in amongst DH’s stashes. She was so excited and started playing it. It’s been lost for over 20 years after we moved from the family house.
She’s keen to take it up again. 🎶

Gingster Fri 02-Oct-26 11:41:42

Thanks for the ideas FGT.

Yes I’ll probably get a taxi up to town with bags for the charity shop.
DS has booked a tip run for Sunday morning, so things will be going, going gone. 🤞

Marydoll Fri 02-Oct-26 10:46:42

My appointment lasted an hour.
BP throught the roof, got a GP appointment I gotvto pick the doctor) and I need a hospital referral.
It's all go!!

It will be the afternoon, when I get vack to you.

It should give you a last. X

TheWeirdoAgain60 Fri 02-Oct-26 10:37:51

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

Michael12 - brilliant news about the clear sample, well done!

Regarding my post yesterday about ''Jane and Jim'', while they do keep me entertained with their childish squabbling, Jane really annoyed me last night!

I'd finished my shift at 5 and had soon come out of Sainsbury's clutching my precious tins of meatballs and peas, and Jane was just going in. As soon as she saw me, she leapt on me, groaning and grumping about Jim, ''he's not doing this right; he's doing that wrong, I'm really kissed off with him'' etc.

I reminded her that HIS shop is HIS business, not hers, and HER shop is HER business, not his; they have no right to interfere with each other's businesses. However, I do understand her anger that he's using her loo/area and not cleaning and tidying, when he can easily use the public loos which are just a few feet away!

I suggested they employ a professional, neutral mediator to sort things out instead of them both coming to me to grump about each other, as I refuse to get involved and won't take sides!

''I've bought things from both of you/your shops, and I'm happy to continue to support you, but I'm not a mediator. Instead of squabbling and tantrumming like silly 2-year-olds, climb out of your cots, put your dummies down, sit down together quietly. NO tantrums, NO scrapping, NO accusations; be adults, speak intelligently and constructively, and you might get somewhere, but you're both behaving like noxious gas! Get on with your own shops!''

She looked genuinely shocked!

Then I walked off!

I saw Jim this morning, and he started trying to gas, so I shut him down fast!

It's raining here, weeeeee! Rain and wind make me feel free; I love it!

Have a good one, all of you and thanks to various people for gorgeous photos!

Grammaretto Fri 02-Oct-26 10:12:25

What happened next Marydoll ....we are all on tenterhooks

Redcar Fri 02-Oct-26 09:42:43

Back again, I’m also eagerly anticipating the rest of md’s novella!

grammaretto sorry about the delay to your house move, but perhaps it will give you a little more time to continue decluttering your house?

dragonfly what a lovely windfall! Enjoy treating yourself!

jaxjacky I hope you have a better day today, take it easy for a few days.

Bingo at lunchtime in the village hall - will it be third time lucky for me? I’ve won small money prizes in the last two sessions - it can’t last!

I hope those with health or other worries find some improvement today.

Have a good day everyone - Friday again!

Litterpicker Fri 02-Oct-26 09:19:30

Good morning from a cloudy but bright East Lothian. We arrived back yesterday evening after a delightful few days exploring the Moray/Aberdeenshire coast in our small campervan. We stayed at the Holiday Park attached to the Findhorn Community which DD2 has been encouraging us to visit. I could write a whole article about this beautiful and fascinating place but will restrain myself. The village at the tip of this peninsula is also interesting and the path that has been built makes it very accessible. We saw gannets diving out at sea, turnstones on the shoreline and, at dusk, flocks of pink-footed geese coming in to spend the night on the mudflats and water meadows.

We met up in Aberdeen with DGS who is now a student at Robert Gordon university. Nearly 3 weeks in he seems to be finding his way 🥰.

Grammaretto, what a blow for you re your house move - I hope things don’t take too long to move on again.

Marydoll, I holding my breath waiting to hear the rest of the story.

I’m full of admiration for all those on here, dealing with their challenges with humour and courage. Hope you all have the best possible day.

hollysteers Fri 02-Oct-26 09:02:07

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast.
Nice day yesterday, out to lunch with DD at a rustic vegetarian restaurant in the country and then on to look at wallpaper etc. to redecorate my bedroom.

In the evening to a local production by a travelling company. We sat on the front row and even for me, who likes the front row, it was too close. The leading man had such a ridiculous wig, it was hard to take him seriously. A small point, but a cogent one. Leading lady very good, the set was horrible.

Off to art soon and tonight popping into a friend’s with DD for drinks. We may indulge in fish and chips after that.

Thanks Gilly, nice top Karma, sorry to hear about Monica and thoughts to all🌺

Jaxjacky Fri 02-Oct-26 08:57:48

Morning and welcome Poppy enjoy your sail.

yogitree Fri 02-Oct-26 08:51:12

Good morning from central Scotland where it’s full, dry and 12degrees. I have a lurgie ie bug. Aching head, persistent cough, no energy so avoiding Tai Chi and spreading it around. Trying to prepare for my cousins’ arrival from Australia too so that’s not only physically challenging but worrying that I may infect them. None of us are spring chickens!

Georgesgran Fri 02-Oct-26 08:41:13

That’s a b*ggeration Grammaretto

Poppy68 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:30:33

Hi In Ashcombe.
A much needed rest day for you.
I'm Exeter and off to Torquay today.

Grammaretto Fri 02-Oct-26 08:20:06

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Blue skies.

I've been knocked off course re the house move as my buyer's sale has fallen through so there I was one minute admiring my new tooth implant when my solicitor phoned with the news.

However it's just a setback. Hopefully another buyer will be found and my new house sellers will wait patiently..

Meanwhile I must continue the sorting and clearing.

I've taken time off from Friday volunteering until after the move.
I went ceilidh dancing last night to forget my woes.

Others have so much to contend with.

Thankyou for the beautiful autumn photos LateDecember

Hope everyone has the best day possible.

monk08 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:17:56

Good morning all from the Black country.
Had our flu jabs yesterday DH also had his covid one, we then went round to the new community cafe for coffee and cake.
Today I have a few jobs that need doing so shall make an early start, will catch up with everybody's happenings later.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans 😎.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 02-Oct-26 08:17:23

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.

Such a good dinner last night at one of our favourite restaurants. We had a sharing plate thing which included chicken in soy and chilli sauce and a sort of aubergine dish. OH ate most of the whitebait. We shared sticky toffee pudding and iced cream.

OH is having his Covid and flu jabs today. My appointment is next week.

Have a good day everyone.