Gransnet forums

Chat

Picture from your window

(80 Posts)
Shel1951 Wed 23-Sept-26 08:21:57

I seriously need to trim the hydrangea outside my bedroom window.

aggie Wed 23-Sept-26 18:52:47

Why will it not show ?

LadyGracie Wed 23-Sept-26 19:08:35

Some beautiful gardens and views.
As long as we can see trees, rooftops, sky, countryside or water I consider us all blessed.

TerriBull Wed 23-Sept-26 19:13:51

From bedroom window. O/H told me he was going to scarify the lawn then play golf pm! whilst I was down at the coast having a long leisurely lunch with my old school friend today. One or the other please! my request before I left, other wise you're be overdoing it. So it was just the golf today. Doing the lawn thing tomorrow. At least it's greened up after the drought.

Greyduster Wed 23-Sept-26 19:23:04

From my bedroom window this evening - the reason we bought this house. Miles and miles of woods, fields, farms and country walks without ever taking the car out of the drive. Never tire of it.

dirgni Wed 23-Sept-26 19:25:15

Moon rise!

grannybuy Wed 23-Sept-26 21:32:30

Picture from my patio window. The woodland is over my garden wall.

Ashcombe Wed 23-Sept-26 22:37:00

Although I have no garden, I am
fortunate to have this view of a park from the front windows of my flat.

Wyllow3 Wed 23-Sept-26 22:46:43

Views of the last 3/4 of the garden, in the foreground is a patio with a strip of garden and pots of flower and two roses.

I do have help now but the design was mine.

WoodLane7 Wed 23-Sept-26 23:31:04

We are lucky enough to live across the road from a large common and we could see deer from our front window a couple of days ago

LucyAnna5 Wed 23-Sept-26 23:53:57

Reported

Warbler Thu 24-Sept-26 04:52:27

What is rather lovely about all of these photographs is that....there wasn't a net curtain in sight. I love long distance views and we have a beautiful hill a few miles off as our point of view and the Mendips at the other end of our living room. I find my thoughts just amble along because of it. My Mum was an avid fan of net curtains and if I should dare to so much as twitch those net curtains.....she knew!

Warbler Thu 24-Sept-26 04:53:40

I've just gone up a few messages......am I on the wrong site here?

saymyname Thu 24-Sept-26 05:30:51

Warbler, I think this silly man has already tried his 'medicine'.

TerriBull Thu 24-Sept-26 08:11:52

Wyllow your garden looks incredible.

Waste of space Victor, sod off! the only weeds on this thread would be in a garden.

LadyGracie Thu 24-Sept-26 08:17:33

🤣 TerriBull

dragonfly46 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:28:24

This is what I lie in bed and look at each morning.

Sago Thu 24-Sept-26 10:12:53

I posted yesterday with a view from the front, this is from our bedroom window at the back.
It’s an ancient walled graveyard which is also a wildlife sanctuary.

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 10:24:31

Back garden. Overgrown since DH died and I should really downsize….
It could do with a redesign.

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 16:47:56

I love your design Willow😍

Greyduster Thu 24-Sept-26 16:58:56

The view from a window can colour your perspective in so many ways. I grew up in a two up two down terrace with no amenities and no garden, where my sash bedroom window looked over a cobbled yard with dustbins and a outside lavatory, but if you looked up and straight ahead instead of down, you could see the moors on the edge of the Peak District National Park; dark and brooding in the winter, purple and glorious in the summer. It drew me like a magnet, and as soon as I was able to get on a bus and go there on my own, it changed my life - fostered a love of the countryside and wild places that I have never lost. Sorry for the digression.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Sept-26 17:06:36

Some beautiful views and gardens 😻

kittylester Thu 24-Sept-26 19:39:32

We have a very small garden which suits us fine. We have 2 seating areas and lots of planting.

My photos are of the garden from the kitchen and from the room above over the neighbouring back gardens.

Aldom Thu 24-Sept-26 20:06:20

The view from my family's front windows

Hatcham Fri 25-Sept-26 15:10:05

Our back garden, before the heatwaves.

Wyllow3 Fri 25-Sept-26 17:53:41

Wyllow3

Views of the last 3/4 of the garden, in the foreground is a patio with a strip of garden and pots of flower and two roses.

I do have help now but the design was mine.

It's actually a trick of the eye. As you can see, it's long and narrow.
The way to make it, or any other long thin garden seem wider is to have a path curving around and looping

It is also on a rise, and is "getting older and wheelchair friendly" but I used the rise for flower beds that are rockeries using the rise, so its another way to get a strong visual effect.

but thats lovely and thank you for kind comments. I'd swap it for a really nice unimpeded view though!!!