Gransnet forums

Chat

Picture from your window

(80 Posts)
Shel1951 Wed 23-Sept-26 08:21:57

I seriously need to trim the hydrangea outside my bedroom window.

Lona Sat 26-Sept-26 16:24:26

Very atmospheric Weirdo I do love the moon.

GrannyIvy Sat 26-Sept-26 13:40:25

View from my French doors in the kitchen

TheWeirdoAgain60 Sat 26-Sept-26 10:32:59

From my bedroom window last night at midnight!

pbs.twimg.com/media/HTIgXIAXgAAH0l4?format=jpg&name=small

Flippinheck Fri 25-Sept-26 19:11:59

Sunset this evening, looking quite violent. Colours deepening by the minute. I’m in the NW of England.

Wyllow3 Fri 25-Sept-26 17:53:41

Wyllow3

Views of the last 3/4 of the garden, in the foreground is a patio with a strip of garden and pots of flower and two roses.

I do have help now but the design was mine.

It's actually a trick of the eye. As you can see, it's long and narrow.
The way to make it, or any other long thin garden seem wider is to have a path curving around and looping

It is also on a rise, and is "getting older and wheelchair friendly" but I used the rise for flower beds that are rockeries using the rise, so its another way to get a strong visual effect.

but thats lovely and thank you for kind comments. I'd swap it for a really nice unimpeded view though!!!

Hatcham Fri 25-Sept-26 15:10:05

Our back garden, before the heatwaves.

Aldom Thu 24-Sept-26 20:06:20

The view from my family's front windows

kittylester Thu 24-Sept-26 19:39:32

We have a very small garden which suits us fine. We have 2 seating areas and lots of planting.

My photos are of the garden from the kitchen and from the room above over the neighbouring back gardens.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Sept-26 17:06:36

Some beautiful views and gardens 😻

Greyduster Thu 24-Sept-26 16:58:56

The view from a window can colour your perspective in so many ways. I grew up in a two up two down terrace with no amenities and no garden, where my sash bedroom window looked over a cobbled yard with dustbins and a outside lavatory, but if you looked up and straight ahead instead of down, you could see the moors on the edge of the Peak District National Park; dark and brooding in the winter, purple and glorious in the summer. It drew me like a magnet, and as soon as I was able to get on a bus and go there on my own, it changed my life - fostered a love of the countryside and wild places that I have never lost. Sorry for the digression.

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 16:47:56

I love your design Willow😍

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 10:24:31

Back garden. Overgrown since DH died and I should really downsize….
It could do with a redesign.

Sago Thu 24-Sept-26 10:12:53

I posted yesterday with a view from the front, this is from our bedroom window at the back.
It’s an ancient walled graveyard which is also a wildlife sanctuary.

dragonfly46 Thu 24-Sept-26 08:28:24

This is what I lie in bed and look at each morning.

LadyGracie Thu 24-Sept-26 08:17:33

🤣 TerriBull

TerriBull Thu 24-Sept-26 08:11:52

Wyllow your garden looks incredible.

Waste of space Victor, sod off! the only weeds on this thread would be in a garden.

saymyname Thu 24-Sept-26 05:30:51

Warbler, I think this silly man has already tried his 'medicine'.

Warbler Thu 24-Sept-26 04:53:40

I've just gone up a few messages......am I on the wrong site here?

Warbler Thu 24-Sept-26 04:52:27

What is rather lovely about all of these photographs is that....there wasn't a net curtain in sight. I love long distance views and we have a beautiful hill a few miles off as our point of view and the Mendips at the other end of our living room. I find my thoughts just amble along because of it. My Mum was an avid fan of net curtains and if I should dare to so much as twitch those net curtains.....she knew!

LucyAnna5 Wed 23-Sept-26 23:53:57

Reported

WoodLane7 Wed 23-Sept-26 23:31:04

We are lucky enough to live across the road from a large common and we could see deer from our front window a couple of days ago

Wyllow3 Wed 23-Sept-26 22:46:43

Views of the last 3/4 of the garden, in the foreground is a patio with a strip of garden and pots of flower and two roses.

I do have help now but the design was mine.

Ashcombe Wed 23-Sept-26 22:37:00

Although I have no garden, I am
fortunate to have this view of a park from the front windows of my flat.

grannybuy Wed 23-Sept-26 21:32:30

Picture from my patio window. The woodland is over my garden wall.

dirgni Wed 23-Sept-26 19:25:15

Moon rise!