Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 9°C and cloudy.
My new meds are causing me angst. I was up at the loo six times. I will need to rethink, when I take them, but they contraindicate with other meds.
So many dental problems here. My own mouth still hasn't healed properly after my procedure four weeks ago. Are we all suffering, due to old age?
Good luck, Susan and I hope you get some relief Karma.
Yesterday, I stayed in bed until lunchtime, then I got up to answer the landline. It was my friend, the Ebay Queen.
Do you want to come next door with P. And I to visit C, because she has kidney cancer?
I was speechless,
C, next door, is DIL's mother and we knew nothing about it. 😔
Apparently, she was prayed for at her church and half the town know, thanks to the local gossip.
I was stunned, to say the least.
I am constantly messaging DIL and last spoke to her in person on Saturday and she said nothing.
I am so hurt, due to the fact, that we found out, thanks to the local gossip (a former colleague and dangerous busybody) informing the Ebay Queen.
The Ebay Queen was frantic, begging me not to say anything to my prickly son, in case there was a fall out.
We have done so much for DIL, when her own parents have treated her so badly, yet she couldn't tell us.
When she was in hospital in ICU, we visited every day, despite me being unwell and it was me, not her mother,who went for prescriptions, did housework etc.
It led me to think that we mean very little to her, despite treating her like our own daughter.😪
I did not visit, partly because I felt so unwell, but also because I would have felt like a hypocrite.
The Ebay Queen phoned later, to apologise for upsetting me and begging me not to say it was she, who told me, in case a family feud ensued.
Her husband and FIL are drinking buddies and she said it would affect all the neighbours, if we fell out!!!!!!
I explained that I had no intention of speaking to DS and DIL about it, and neither had any intention of involving the neighbours by falling out with the inlaws.
She should know better, I wouldn't do that.
DH will continue cutting their grass (FIL has left DH to do it all sumner, waving from the window despite DH being ill and we will continue to be polite and dignified, as we always are.
Those of you, who know me, may remember DIL's first day back at work after maternity leave. The inlaws were supposed to look after Dollie, because I was going into hospital for surgery and DS was meant to be in London for work.
Two days before my surgery, MIL passed me in her car, opened the window and said: I will see you,when I get back from Dubhai. I had no idea, what she was talking about.😱
She had left us in the lurch! I thought, I was going to have cancel my op, because DIL was so anxious about missing her first day back.
My dying BIL and my SIL looked after Dollie, until my son could take over.
I have never forgotten, nor forgiven that. DH is different, he thinks I need to move on.
This morning, I am going to get my hair cut. It had to be rescheduled, I wasn't well enough to go last week.
Best wishes to all the mountaineers. 💐
P.S it transpires that MIL is having tests for suspected kidney cancer. There is no diagnosis yet.
That is the danger of gossipmongers.