Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 22nd September 2026

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 22-Sept-26 04:56:40

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley .
Routine todays some housework ,and I have my chiropodist before I get a bus into Bicester , hopefully shop and chat to those I know.
Return home and after lunch watch cycling from Canada on TV.
Health OK<
Take Care,
Mick

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Tue 22-Sept-26 08:15:46

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry. No rain expected today and Alexa tells me 20°C is our forecast.

My sister in Estapona rang me an hour ago to tell me her husband had died during the night at home. Not unexpected and he’d had an amputation 5 months ago - but always a shock when it actually happens. An unattended direct cremation will take place on Friday. My heart goes out to her. She’s not quite 70 although he was 82y.

I have a reflexology appointment mid morning which I always love. Super relaxing and inwardly energising. Couldn’t have come at a more beneficial time - I book it weeks in advance.

Marydoll Tue 22-Sept-26 08:14:41

Good morning all, from Glasgow where it is 15°C,

What lovely news, regarding your granddaughter, Susan.

Karma, our dentists keep slots free for emergencies or one can visit the dental hospital emergency department.. You must be in dreadful pain.

R&L, I have found that once you are on the path of chronic illness, it is difficult to find new medication, which doesn't contra-indicate or has side effects. My latest chest medication, may make my Sjogrens worse.😔 I can't win.
I hope the drug helps.

I had to come home early from church yesterday morning. I have had a blinding headache for weeks. I lay down in the conservatory and woke up three hours later.
All my plans had gone awry.

I plan to stay in bed this morning, instead of making my usual trip to Silverburn. (I must be unwell,)
My head is still pounding, however I'm trying to hang on until Friday, when I have a forty five minute heart and COPD review. Apparently my BP is far too high again and my chest is not good.
Who gets a forty five minute appointment, nowadays???

My phone is beeping, reminding me I am late recording my BP on the NHS app.
Oh, the irony. Don't they know I am trying to rest!!! 😉

I wish you all a pleasant day, whatever your plans.

Liberty Tue 22-Sept-26 08:12:08

Good morning from Suffolk after a gloriously sunny and warm day. I’m hoping for more of the same today but don’t think the weather has yet decided what to do.

Thei house and garden are back to normal after the scaffolders came yesterday and removed it and our gardener came and cut the grass and strummed the dell. He hasn’t been since June as we leave it to him to come when he knows the garden needs his attention. He is always just right.

I’m meeting a friend in a nearby town for coffee this morning. We usually meet up every few weeks and always diarise our next get together otherwise the weeks fly by and it’s more difficult to find a time that is ok to both of us.

Hope all have a cheerful day.

Jaxjacky Tue 22-Sept-26 08:11:00

Morning from a bright S Hants, it was a glorious day yesterday, sadly I was very busy on the voluntary phone and saw little of it.
Sorry about your toothache Karma it’s a shame you need a specialist.
We may have been premature putting the winter quilt on our bed, it was too warm last night.
I hope your treatment causes you no grief R&L
Good luck this evening Bellas with your scan and you Marzipan with yours.
🦩 🦩

Greyduster Tue 22-Sept-26 07:55:53

Good morning Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where we have a fair to middling start to the day. Yesterday was dry and bright. I did some ironing in the morning but ran out of steam before the iron did! In the afternoon I cut the front lawn again - so much easier with the cordless mower - and did battle with the strimmer which decided to have line feed issues - one thing that always put me off strimmers. I sorted them after a lot of fiddling about and we were back in business. I ended the afternoon with a walk down to the supermarket to buy bread and fruit.

School this afternoon when I will meet my new year3 group. I hope they’ll be kind to me😂!!

Have the best day you can folks!

monk08 Tue 22-Sept-26 07:53:27

Good morning all from another sunny day in the Black country.
Towels in the wash.
DH has another appointment with the audiologist hopefully the wax has cleared and his ears can be tested. We will go for a carvery on the way back it would be a shame to pass it and not call in.
Madeleine your day sounded good apart from the mishap with the mousse.
Hope all medical appointments go well and those struggling or in pain find some relief.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans 😎.

baubles Tue 22-Sept-26 07:47:38

Good morning from damp South Lanarkshire.

Thank you for your kind words yesterday when I was being such a misery.

I had told the charity shop manager that I would be away this week but now that plans have changed I am trying to tell myself I should go in but I’ll see how I feel in an hour or so.

DS has been staying here for a couple of nights, DH will take him back today so I may just stay at home and take the daft dug out for a long ramble.

Karma I hope you can get some relief, toothache is awful.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Gagagran Tue 22-Sept-26 07:45:07

Good Morning everyone from a sunny and milder central south coast. The lovely golden September sunshine is such a joy after the heatwaves we had in the summer.

We expect a quick visit from our plumber at 8am (on his way to his first job of the day). The shower he installed 7 years ago has been making funny sounds when in operation so DH asked him if he could call sometime and check if it needed a service or possible replacement.

Then at 10am, the fourth stair lift surveyor is coming to assess and quote for an installation. I already know which one I prefer but DH always wants to get as full a choice as he can.

Yesterday's visit to the dentist was mainly good in that my teeth and gums are in good order apart from the two front incisors and one eye tooth.. The biting edge has got very thin and a corner has worn away. She is concerned that the teeth could crack and break off. So, I am to have some sort of resin edging fitted to three of them next week. They will not be visible but will feel strange and the bite will feel different.

Hope the day goes well for us all especially the GNs with struggles or worries of any kind.

luluaugust Tue 22-Sept-26 07:37:22

Good morning from a cloudy W Kent. I enjoyed a good catch up with my friend yesterday, I had thought she might have a lot of news but we rambled round the family and health news and tried to sort out the Royal family 😂
Today I have my ‘political’ friend dropping by. She likes to try and sort out the world goodness know where we shall be
If the sun appears DH and I will go to our favourite garden as it closes soon for the winter and they can’t afford to keep the excellent cafe open.
Best wishes to everyone trying to deal with medical problems.

brook2704 Tue 22-Sept-26 07:34:09

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry sunny start to the day
So sorry to hear about your toothache karma I hope you can yet an appointment sooner
Lovely news for your DGD Susan
Thank you all I had an easy trouble free journey home yesterday, luckily I didn’t experience any problems with air traffic control and everything was on time without any hassle. It’s been lovely visiting DD1 and family and I’ll be back there again soon. Today I’ve a quick volunteering session this morning and then off to the gym first a couple of classes. This morning DH is picking up DD2s puppy as we’re looking after her for a couple of days as DD2 is away overnight at a work event this evening.
Oh roses sorry to hear that, hopefully you won’t suffer with side effects too much
Hoping everyone has the best day possible, take care all 💐

dragonfly46 Tue 22-Sept-26 07:31:07

Good morning from a brightening Leicestershire.

Today I am getting my new robot mower. It is a GPS one so no more wires. Fortunately they are going to set it up for me.
Later if I have time I will go to Pilates.

Karma can’t you go to the dental hospital?

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Gelisa Tue 22-Sept-26 07:24:05

Good morning from a cloudy mild Morecambe Bay . DH and CDog are still asleep so I’ve been catching up with the doom and gloom in the world. Earlier it was CDog who woke us with sudden loud barking. Most unusual. Whether we had a prowler or not I’ll never know but we couldn’t see any body or anything untoward. Of course I didn’t get back to sleep unlike the other two.
My friend headed to Scotland yesterday leaving me with a big bag of her own grown apples, tomatoes, milk, mushrooms and green beans. I took some of the apples to my gardening client and made a flan using the tomatoes and mushrooms and blanched the beans.
I’m not sure how today will unfold as no plans as yet. Take care everyone 🌸

EkwaNimitee Tue 22-Sept-26 07:20:43

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey Carlisle. Again! Barely a sight of the sun yesterday but as long as we don't have a gale I shall not complain.

In spite of my lack of sleep the night before, I didn't feel particularly tired yesterday, not even a nap required. I got through all my intended jobs and had an afternoon of reading and pottering.
At one point, hearing an odd noise, I found a dazed house martin on my drive, presumably having flown into a window. It looked as though its adult plumage was recent and it was wee! I've never seen one close up but I thought it should have been fatter. I think all its mates have flown south in the last fortnight as I haven't seen any for days, it must have been too underdeveloped to join them. Poor thing, it won't last long if it can't get away, the nights are chilly and the insect life diminished. I couldn't catch it. It was evidently not concussed and nothing broken as it soon managed to fly off.

Today, I'll put a load of washing on and clean bathrooms. Then I have an appointment with the surgery nurse late morning who's going to look at my sore, itchy ears. I've improved them but the problem is not going away.
I may get out in the garden after lunch, there are many bulbs to put in.

I hope you are not going to have to suffer toothache for weeks karma, it's a horrible pain to put up with.

Wishing you all a good day!

harrigran Tue 22-Sept-26 07:19:12

Good morning from a dry NE where the sky is golden.
Lazy day yesterday, did some admin work and watched TV, fell asleep on the sofa.
Late afternoon I went into the garden and it was very warm. I sprayed the weeds on the patio.

Today my elder sister is visiting and she has asked if we can play Scrabble, she and her late DH were always playing.

Have a good day.

HelterSkelter1 Tue 22-Sept-26 07:14:24

Good morning from a dry N Surrey. I had to whizz out in my slippers and pjs to put the waste food bin out for collection which I forgot to do last night. Hope I haven't missed him. But in my haste I didnt really notice the weather apart from it being dry thank goodness.

Madeleine your post reminded me to listen to Bach before 7 which I did. I don't often listen to radio 3 but was pleased I did. The words this morning apparently said get up in the dark, light a lamp and go out and look at the stars. What a lovely thought. Much better than get up and run and put the food bin out.
A good day for all.

latedecember1963 Tue 22-Sept-26 07:13:29

Good morning everyone from Lancashire.
DH has gone into the office so I'm savouring a few minutes peace before the day starts.

We've got my Slimming World group this morning and laundry to do.
This afternoon I'm thinking we'll go to the Library. I'm currently reading The Love Letter by Lucinda Riley. Her books aren't hugely deep, but the characters and plot usually have enough to make them pageturners which suits my needs at the end of a hectic day.

Hope you can get a sooner dental appointment, Karma. Could you be put on a cancelation list and be available to go at short notice?

Enjoy your holiday, Ginny.

Wishing you all the best day possible. 🌻

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 22-Sept-26 07:10:53

Morning all from what promises to be another warm and sunny day. OH enjoyed playing croquet yesterday with the U3A.

I usually visit a friend on Tuesday but she has just had a small procedure so I’ll stay home instead. I need to top up my ice cream supplies so will make some vanilla ice cream from a Hugh FW recipe. We finished off the last lot on Sunday with strawberry crumble, I’m also going to prepare the fruit for the Ch….. cake! I usually make it in August but time flew.

I’m sorry you had a difficult GP visit R&L. FGT2 I hope you were reassured yesterday.

Have a good day.

Bellasnana Tue 22-Sept-26 07:10:31

A late good morning from Malta, I seem to be sleeping longer lately albeit with a couple of pit stops during the night.

It’s going to be around 30°C today. It is definitely slightly cooler but I still need the fan on at night.

I was quite pleased with myself yesterday as I got through a lot of cleaning, it took me until 1.30 but was worth it to have everything done. Lots of fiddly jobs that I tend to put off.

I need to go to Lidl today as my fridge is looking very empty. The boys clear me out when they are here!

They are back to school today so I’m thinking of them going into Grade 1, and their mum starting with another class of three year olds. She’s been teaching at the same school for nearly fifteen years now. How the years fly.

I have an appointment with the consultant this evening. I’m trying not to think about it too much but must admit I’m a bit anxious.

Wishing you all a good day. ☀️

Redcar Tue 22-Sept-26 07:02:04

Good morning everyone from mid Essex. A warm sunny day yesterday and another similar day forecast for today. I did a little gardening yesterday but not much else as I was tired. I had a better sleep last night so I will take myself into town and deposit some more books at the charity bookshop.
I’ll see my dementia friend this afternoon.

marzipan I hope your journeys to and from the hospital aren’t too difficult and that the scan goes well. A relief that your feet are working properly again!

karma sorry you have such bad toothache, it’s a horrible pain.

susan good news for your Dgd.

Hoping that those in any kind of pain find some relief soon.

Have as good a day as possible everyone.

RosesandLilac Tue 22-Sept-26 06:50:04

Good morning, light cloud and a very still dawning here in south Glos, apparently there will be mist and fog shortly. I hope it clears before my friend and I set off for the garden centre 45 minutes away to the north of here.
Yes’s doctor appointment was mixed, my kidneys aren’t good and I need to start another medication which can have alarming side effects 🤷🏼‍♀️😵‍💫
So, let’s see what happens!
I did the housework when I got back then did very little for the rest of the day. It was lovely mellow warmth for the afternoon dog walk, so nice to have the softer autumn sunshine instead of the blistering heat of this summer.
I wonder what I will be tempted by this morning? We’ll have brunch at the garden centre, a real treat.
Best wishes 🌹

ginny Tue 22-Sept-26 06:32:19

Good morning from Corfu. We had an uneventful journey yesterday , thankfully.
Off on a trip to Old and New Corfu towns this morning. Afternoon is free so maybe I’ll sketch some of this mornings sights.
Wishing all a good day.

Melanie61 Tue 22-Sept-26 06:30:15

Good morning from Sheffield
Well I intended to move mountains today but I just don’t feel like it. I think instead I will have a potter about day. There are a couple of cupboards that need sorting and some hoovering.
I never stopped yesterday so I think that is why I feel a bit weary.
Had a good morning with my sister. I got some Halloween bits for the grandchildren . I do the youngest three a bucket with some novelties and treats.
I think another TIB is in order for now.
Take care everyone flowers

Grandmabatty Tue 22-Sept-26 06:28:30

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 16° and damp. madeleine that sounds like mainly a lovely day for you. Karma I'm sorry you have toothache. It's an awful pain. Susan congratulations to your dgd.
Yesterday went well. The boys were well behaved and ran into school quite happily. I visited tesco and spent more than I intended! I bought a couple of vases. Ds has mine and I had nowhere to put lovely flowers i received for my birthday. While I was there, I bought some seasonal stuff which I definitely didnt need. In the afternoon, I worked in the school library before picking up the boys. After they left, I did very little.
Today I will bring them to my house for breakfast then drop them off at school. I have some ironing to do before an opticians appointment. She wants to put anaesthetic in my eye to check the pressure. Then I will get the boys and take them to my house where they will eat everything in sight before I take them back home. Have a good day all

karmalady Tue 22-Sept-26 06:04:30

Good morning from s somerset, sunny later today

What lovely news from your DGD Susan

I am out of action again today, overwhelming toothache. The specialist oral surgeon has no appointments for 3 weeks or 2 months for another oral surgeon.

I hope I feel like knitting and can get out on a walk

Marzipan22 Tue 22-Sept-26 06:03:23

Good morning from a dark, balmy Cornwall. No rain, must get my watering can out. Before that though I have a three-hour bus/train/bus journey to a distant hospital for a scan today so will be leaving home in a minute.

My feet work again - presumably the new skin has grown though I can't see it because it's under my instep. So yesterday I went out, oh joy, to a long-established sewing group in a nearby village. It seems that I have finally found my 'tribe' after a year of searching: a group of around 30 fairly quirky women who tackle sewing from every which way and with whom I can talk about remaking clothes. They were so welcoming and interested in my denim antics. Of course, as is often the way in this area, one of them had been at my high school, another was a friend of a friend and knew of my daughter.

Well, I must be up and away otherwise I'll miss my appointment.