Gransnet forums

Chat

Tropic Skincare

(36 Posts)
Esmay Sat 19-Sept-26 19:35:50

I haven't seen a neighbour for about two years and I'm not even sure what her house number has suddenly has posted a Tropic Skincare brochure through my letter box.
Prior to this in a chance meeting she said that she was coming round .
It's so expensive .
Have any gransnetters experienced this make up and what feels like the hard sell?

petra Mon 21-Sept-26 16:00:53

Juicylucy

It’s up market Avon it’s always a hard sell from the reps. Nothing great about. Proceed with caution.

Hilarious. The whole tropic range is made fresh in the uk. Unlike Avon products that are made in Poland and the Philippines 🫣
I’ve never seen a warning concerning a Tropic item but here’s one concerning an Avon product.
So, buyer beware on Avon.

www.fda.gov.ph/fda-advisory-no-2020-653-public-health-warning-against-the-purchase-and-use-of-unnotified-cosmetic-avon-anew-retroactive-youth-extending-day-cream-spf-20-pa/

JPB123 Mon 21-Sept-26 20:54:23

Oh yes ,she’s on Dragons Den.

StoneofDestiny Mon 21-Sept-26 22:51:02

If she comes knocking, just say no thank you and that you have all the products you need for years to come. I’d leave it on my doorstep if you don’t want a visit from her. They get commission on sales so it’s up to them to promote the products.

Esmay Tue 22-Sept-26 01:53:02

win -
Apparently this neighbour had been round several times and was irritated that I wasn't around.
She's one of the unfriendly ones in my road.
I bought one lot of Avon from her and encountered some rudeness. She only did one campaign.
There's nothing wrong with canvassing.
I have lots of leaflets posted through my door.
On Fridays I have several personal callers looking for work usually gardening.
I stopped answering the door since one of them refused to leave having put his foot on the door .
Another told me that a neighbour was having a tree felled and needed access from my garden and was unpleasant when I checked. It was a lie.

I do it with my Christian Aid envelopes looking for donations ! I postcthem and if people want to give they can post their donation through my letter box.
One neighbour asked me what I was doing on her door step .
And it doesn't go down with some neighbours so I have backed off .

I don't live in a friendly area and there's no sense of community . My neighbour and I tried to organise street parties in the past and they've gone down like a lead balloon.
I'm not buying any more beauty products r anything else at the door .

Thank you ladies for your comments .

Robin202 Tue 22-Sept-26 08:51:04

My daughter uses it and swears by it. All natural and no chemical nasties.

Makes me laugh how those who sell it are called ‘Ambassadors’ when they are basically a sales rep.

silverlining48 Tue 22-Sept-26 09:09:44

I have never heard of it, though of course know Avon.

SueEH Tue 22-Sept-26 16:11:39

I use Tropic day and night moisturisers and the face wash. They are lovely natural products and don’t make my skin dry or itchy.
Have to say, tho, I always check Vinted first.

JenniferEccles Wed 23-Sept-26 12:36:14

They sound like quality products with no nasties so I will give them a try.

janipans Thu 24-Sept-26 00:04:07

I love the products and the ethos of the Company. Used for 3vyears now. No more expensive than premium products found in John Lewis and quality is as good imo.

Daddima Thu 24-Sept-26 08:06:57

I would probably have a look at the brochure, and if I saw anything I fancied at a good price I’d order it, and if not I’d hand the brochure back with a smile and a ‘ Sorry, there’s nothing I fancy’.