Gransnet forums

Chat

Non photos - venting alert

(65 Posts)
fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:31:07

Why?

Why do them?

Attention seeking I suppose?

Teasing?

Daffydilly Thu 17-Sept-26 07:08:24

Luckygirl3

What is this conversation about?

😂😂 Me too. I'm totally lost.

Abcdefg Wed 16-Sept-26 20:00:52

Advice from police do not publish ANY photos of children as AI can be used to put them in pornography

Dickens Wed 16-Sept-26 15:09:21

Boris Johnson's young children were also photographed so their faces were not revealed. Perfectly reasonable.

Did anyone make a fuss about that?

H&M's children are photo'd similarly, but because the couple are so disliked by so many - they will be criticised.

However, if I were an advisor to H&M - I'd encourage them to actually stop presenting such photo's completely. They attract more attention than is healthy, I'd tell them to just go private.

... and if they did that - they'd still be criticised!

jomo Wed 16-Sept-26 14:14:25

William and Kate show photos of their beautiful children and then the press leave them alone it Harry magen done same people will loose interest..it's more just because it's back of head or masks over face.. don't show them if you not want them seen ....

fancythat Wed 16-Sept-26 08:52:46

Barefoot - I meant in public, outdoors.
I myself have barefeet indoors.

No one forces anyone to look at anyone’s social media pics.^

I meant media. As talked about earlier in the thread.
I dont go on peoples' social media sites. No thanks.

Wasnt sure whether to write these corrections or not, as now expect some more barrage.
Whatever. Hey ho.

TheWeirdoAgain60 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:38:47

I'm a bare-footer both in public and private, absolutely NOT attention-seeking. We are ALL BORN barefoot, we don't wear shoes in the womb! Then, as soon as we're born, we get ''booties'' shoved on our feet and forced to wear various footwear over the years. But footwear actually hurts the feet, ankles, knees and hips, so I'll continue being a barefooter, only wearing them when I have to.

TheWeirdoAgain60 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:32:49

Sorry, I don't know what you're on about!

M0nica Wed 16-Sept-26 07:38:36

fancythat

^No one forces anyone to look at anyone’s social media pics.^

It is in our face almost every day.

No choice if want to read or see any media.

I manage very well without looking at other people's social media. Plenty of good reliable news sites, BBC, Sky News etc. Then I have GransNet and Facebook, where all the groups I belong to are functional or closed and limited to friends and family.

I rarely feel any need to put a photograph online, and do not often take photographs.

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 20:44:08

At the end of the day (an annoying expression, I concede)

Some of us are highly irritated by certain things others might feel are trivial, and vice versa.

This is, after all, a pretty safe place to have a vent about something which is pretty trivial.

Sometimes a good rant does us the world of good.

With that, I bid you all goodnight 🌻🙏

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 20:39:44

I too spend a lot of time barefoot, as did my dear mama. I find it pretty normal and not at all attention seeking!

petra Tue 15-Sept-26 20:32:55

petra

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our <a target="_blank" rel="noopener" href="https://signal-corridor.live/info/netiquette%22%3ETalk guidelines.</a>

No surprise 😂

Plevey08 Tue 15-Sept-26 20:32:31

I suppose, as I think you are referring to M&H and their children fancythat, they do it because they are wanting to show their children off, but of course don't want them to be easily identified. H &M are proud of them and as royals they want their moments to be appreciated. Probably a little bit in response to W&K pics.
I find it a bit more irritating that they are a moment in time, like all family pics but are often perceived as the perfect family. This is constantly done by families and posted on-line. It can make others envious, so they all repeatedly try to create the perfect family image.I dislike that expectation.

CarrotTop Tue 15-Sept-26 20:11:55

fancythat

Same as say, I used to know someone who walked around a lot in barefeet.

Couldnt work out why.
Eventually someone said they were attention seeking, and it all made sense.

I have walked around barefoot most of the time since I was 14. Definitely NOT attention-seeking, thanks very much. I find shoes restricting. Get over yourself.

petra Tue 15-Sept-26 20:09:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

MawsRosie Tue 15-Sept-26 20:02:47

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
I think OP’s objection belongs in the first category

MayBee70 Tue 15-Sept-26 18:59:12

Ladyleftfieldlover

Just to say - Princess Beatrice never shows the faces of her children but Princess Eugenie does.

Actually, there are so many dreadful things happening in the world at the moment that I’m surprised that people get their knickers in a knot over such inconsequential stuff as whether people blank their children’s faces out or not.

Well, it isn’t a big deal and doesn’t exactly take over my life but I like to think I’m quite a nice’ish person and it’s reassuring to know that other nice’ish people feel the same way.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 15-Sept-26 18:47:54

Just to say - Princess Beatrice never shows the faces of her children but Princess Eugenie does.

Actually, there are so many dreadful things happening in the world at the moment that I’m surprised that people get their knickers in a knot over such inconsequential stuff as whether people blank their children’s faces out or not.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 18:46:01

Thank you.

In real life, I am far from the only one.

MayBee70 Tue 15-Sept-26 18:44:02

Fallingstar

I understand why people take a pic just showing the back of a child’s head or their hand or foot etc., but why do it at all would be my question??
If they want to keep their kids off the net, and I can fully appreciate this, then they should do so and not post silly pics of a child’s limb from the back.

There’s a semi famous person that I follow on instagram that shows her glamorous lifestyle and includes the back of her children’s heads and I realised the other day that I found it irritating.

BlessedArt Tue 15-Sept-26 18:36:20

I can’t tell you the last time I saw a H&M social media post that wasn’t linked to Mumsnet or Gransnet.

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 17:11:31

fancythat

^No one forces anyone to look at anyone’s social media pics.^

It is in our face almost every day.

No choice if want to read or see any media.

It really isn’t

Or it could it just be that it truly doesn’t bother me at all, so I simply don’t notice?

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 17:09:09

BlessedArt

No one forces anyone to look at anyone’s social media pics. No one should be bothered enough to dictate what others post.

👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏

Fallingstar Tue 15-Sept-26 15:38:38

BlueBelle

Sorry Fallingstar I got my effs muddled up my question was meant for fancythat I ve still no idea what she’s on about ???

Thanks for clearing that up. 💐

BlueBelle Tue 15-Sept-26 15:24:51

Sorry Fallingstar I got my effs muddled up my question was meant for fancythat I ve still no idea what she’s on about ???

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 15:11:53

No one forces anyone to look at anyone’s social media pics.

It is in our face almost every day.

No choice if want to read or see any media.