Gransnet forums

Chat

Non photos - venting alert

(64 Posts)
fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:31:07

Why?

Why do them?

Attention seeking I suppose?

Teasing?

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:31:52

If people sending them, think they do people a favour with them, they so do not.

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 09:38:57

I’m really sorry, but I have zero idea what you are talking about?

Unless, yet again, it’s a dig at H&M?

My advice if it is, scroll on by. Plenty of “normal” people choose to show photos of their families, and “blank” out their children’s faces.

If you don’t wish to see these kind of photos, then don’t look at them.

I don’t follow H&M on Instagram, because, I’m really not that interested in what they do and don’t do. flowers

NotSpaghetti Tue 15-Sept-26 09:40:15

What are uou talking about please?

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:42:08

If you don’t wish to see these kind of photos, then don’t look at them.

Cant help it if see any media whatsoever.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:43:30

Ordinary people.

I had a discussion with someone thinking of doing it.
I just dont get it.

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 09:54:45

I don’t get why it bothers you? It doesn’t affect you in the slightest, scroll on by.

Having said that, I would either post a full photo or none. But that’s my choice and I guess that’s their choice too.

It’s good to vent though, in a safe environment.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:56:31

I don’t get why it bothers you? It doesn’t affect you in the slightest, scroll on by

Oh it does bother me. Every single time I see one.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:56:39

From anyone.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:57:28

Same as say, I used to know someone who walked around a lot in barefeet.

Couldnt work out why.
Eventually someone said they were attention seeking, and it all made sense.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:58:07

Anyone else can vent about something on here if they want to.

I am in a venting mood.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:59:25

Someone I know gets annoyed by people "posing" with the way they stand sometimes.
On TV and real life.

I dont tend to notice myself. But can see how they find it annoying.

Luckygirl3 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:35:09

What is this conversation about?

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 10:44:43

People posting photos that block out faces.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 10:45:20

And anything else people want to vent about today.

NotSpaghetti Tue 15-Sept-26 10:58:01

fancythat

People posting photos that block out faces.

Thank you!

Smileless2012 Tue 15-Sept-26 11:01:39

Does seem to be a waste of time but each to their own.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 11:30:35

But it is what they inflict on others.

Dont think I am the only one who really really doesnt like it.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 11:32:07

A school photo is perfectly ruined, to me, by a blanked out face.

I do understand there are occasional very good reasons, but that is merely occasional.
For instance, if a child has been fostered.

Namsnanny Tue 15-Sept-26 12:46:25

Well of we're venting, and I don't spend much time worrying about this, but people posting any photos of themselves (let alone their children!) I find short sighted. But millions upon millions do.
Just the other day I watched a video from a woman complaining google had compiled a file on her and her family, by using all the photos and I suppose other info she had uploaded over the years. Which included her children and other relatives.
They had previous addresses she had lived at.
Dont forget, everything on line is stored and sold/used for future reference.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Sept-26 12:51:47

The general public were warned that back to school photos posted online showing too much information (house number, car registration, school badges/insignias) were not a good idea in the current climate of insecure social media sites and AI manipulation of images.

Once they are out there, they are out there for ever…

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 12:55:18

Once they are out there, they are out there for ever…

But does that matter?

That is what I am not grasping.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 12:55:51

I am probably more concerned about what I write on here, than photos. Personally.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Sept-26 13:05:38

fancythat

^Once they are out there, they are out there for ever…^

But does that matter?

That is what I am not grasping.

Unscrupulous people on the dark web can put facial images into AI and produce pornographic images both still and moving.

Not something I want to happen to my family members, especially the children.

paddyann54 Tue 15-Sept-26 13:07:45

Whats hard to understand?
Michael Jackson was I think the first celebrity who covered his children’s faces…..to secure their privacy .As he had been in the glare of camera his whole life he wanted HIS children to be able to walk down any street without being followed by paparazzi,given Harry,s fears after his mother died during a chase by paparazzi of course he,ll do his best to keep their faces anonymous.
I couldn,t care less about seeing pictures of children apart from those close to me and we don’t put them online for everyone to view.
It’s a strange old world out there and better safe than sorry.