Gransnet forums

Chat

Words of wisdom

(35 Posts)
MawsRosie Tue 18-Aug-26 17:26:26

I recently came across these and I’d like to share them, a few at a time perhaps

grin Lately you’ve noticed people your age are so much older than you

grin It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the tumble dryer and come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller

grin Your people skills are fine, (it's your tolerance for idiots that needs work )

Boadicea Wed 19-Aug-26 18:42:28

MawsRosie

The biggest lie you can tell yourself,
" I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Oh yes! grin

FranA Wed 19-Aug-26 19:08:45

If I could give my young self some words of advice it would be “Don’t sweat the small stuff”. The number of sleepless nights I had as a young woman over nothing important.

gransruleok Wed 19-Aug-26 20:18:25

There’s nothing more dangerous than a confident idiot.

LifeOfBriony Thu 20-Aug-26 07:18:54

MawsRosie

ViceVersa

Mine is 'This too, shall pass'.

If you’ll pardon my French - this made me chuckle (advertised on line)

That made me chuckle, too @MawsRosie!

Not quite the same, but, in a conversation about fires recently, my son said “People are trying to out-stupid each other”. Summed it up, sadly.

Taichinan Thu 20-Aug-26 12:04:28

I need that bracelet!!!

Squiffy Thu 20-Aug-26 18:10:55

Seen outside a local church years ago, “The smallest good deed is better than the best good intention!” How true!

Hiraeth Thu 20-Aug-26 18:24:29

Today is the tomorrow I was so worried about yesterday .
Love it !

StTrinians Thu 20-Aug-26 18:51:57

Lovely...smile I like the last one the most too.

Gabrisha Fri 21-Aug-26 12:10:52

sounds like me