Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 18th August 2026

(55 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 18-Aug-26 05:39:05

Good morning from a dry, dawning Bristol.
mernice, early days; it’s normal to still find life hard. Are you getting counselling? Some people find it helpful.
Yesterday went well. My friend picked me and two others up to go to the Cadbury garden centre; it was only about 35 minutes to get there and the air was clear after about 1/2 hour of extremely light drizzle earlier.
The garden centre itself is more of a mini-mall, well set up and one pays only when exiting. The plant area is well organised and the plants looking good, obviously watered regularly.it was busy but not heaving and what children were there were very well behaved.
We met the rest of the group for coffee then wandered around.
Met again for lunch where my friend and I were having hysterics over the pronunciation of “quinoa”. She is profoundly deaf and couldn’t understand me. Eventually I wrote”kin-waah” on a napkin. She said it was much more useful than lip reading…. We then proceeded to “vinegrette”, etc. it’s hard trying to think how to split words into manageable pronunciation.
I came home exhausted for som3 reason, slept for an hour, sat fo4 the rest of the day went to bed very early, where I slept until now!
Today, Tesco with a different friend taking me. The podiatrist is also coming, with a resident joining me for his feet.
Re. Management company; we are meeting our MP in a fortnight; then probably going to the national press after that…
Probably everyone else is, like me, feeling better in the more temperate weather - just need rain!
Have a good day,Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

RosesandLilac Tue 18-Aug-26 05:33:00

Good morning, it’s very dark and cool here in south Glos, still no sign of rain despite the forecast vaguely suggesting drizzle somewhere, sometime 🙄
I do feel for you mernice, the wee small hours are the worst for being lonely, aren’t they?
Despite DH saying he’s watered my posts every day most of them are looking very sad and desiccated; I’m really upset because I don’t expect him to do much. I wish now I’d paid someone to come in and do it.
I went to the doctor, I’m on antibiotics so just as well I did. She’s told me to rest more, honestly I am doing very little but obviously not little enough! It’s difficult when you’re used to having to do everything.
Anyway, I’ll sit and do more stitching today, I also have a heap of books to read but my concentration is missing!
Chicken and salad for dinner, cba to cook.
I think it’s meant to be cooler today, hopefully it will stay that way for a while.
Take care x
🌹

mernice Tue 18-Aug-26 05:24:11

I’d love to join in the Gransnet chats that come on my email every day but by the time I get them, you’ve almost all finished chatting. I’m not sure how to use this gransnet thing. 😊

mernice Tue 18-Aug-26 04:58:57

Is anyone else awake? 6 months since losing my husband of 60 years and I’m having a difficult night.

Michael12 Tue 18-Aug-26 04:55:01

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual bus trip to Bicester see those I know, shop etc , return for lunch and then get a bus into Banbury and get my mobile fixed .
With iy cooling down Health seems allot better ,
Take Care,
Mick