Gransnet forums

Chat

Comfy sandals

(34 Posts)
travelsafar Sat 15-Aug-26 15:13:30

I have been suffering during the heat as my toes have arthritis and trying to find a pair of comfy sandals is a mission.
My feet are very broad with bunions on both. My balance not good so i need a sturdy pair otherwise i feel unstable.Can anyone else recommend a good pair please.

JenniRen Sun 16-Aug-26 20:40:16

" interesting feet"
I am very familiar with that and buy from from DB Widerfit Shoes. They are online and very helpful if you phone because you have a problem.

Maremia Sun 16-Aug-26 16:08:00

Think someone mentioned DB wider fit shoes.
They are good for interesting feet.
You can ask for a brochure on
01933 311 077

Jane43 Sun 16-Aug-26 16:06:02

The most comfortable sandals I have are FitFlop and Vionic.

Panda21 Sun 16-Aug-26 16:01:13

Ecco are brilliant if expensive: robust & comfortable, their straps are velcro & adjustable round your foor and ankle so the fit is good.

Davida1968 Sun 16-Aug-26 15:27:55

Always Hotter for me. I have large, wide feet and their footwear always suits me. (As another GN pointed out, Hotter have a sale on at the moment!)

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 14:03:17

*yogitree
I have had to wear a pair of croc type crocs almost all summer.
smile
Its funny, but in reality not funny to realise they're "a bit tight", and the overfilling of the holes, with foot must be awful.

Mine rubbed a blister on the top of my foot, and I almost had to "dig" them off my feet at one point.
And people smile and say "make the most of this weather" as i hobble along.
I think I'm turning into a snail, with just one giant foot!

NotSpaghetti Sun 16-Aug-26 11:38:14

I need several adjustable points for swelling plus arthritis.

Mine are called "Amber" and are on the "rest" footbed.
I think most of the Vionic ones have orthopaedic designed footbeds...

I think my style are largely sold out now that I've gone to look.

There is this style but they are more expensive and on a different footbed.

www.vionicshoes.co.uk/eureka-strappy-sandal.html?color=590&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&crtp=paidsearch&aid=49535&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=17412503412&gbraid=0AAAAADLHj2Uj2EmTmB5rzH97KxNniQa-h&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv4XUBhDBARIsAE6bQURdPgeyY2EJY47V_UMZP3No-5r7VHup3bK4K-lB-CedwKzXV1ay2kgaAm06EALw_wcB

yogitree Sun 16-Aug-26 11:32:05

MissAdventure

I've spent a lot of hours checking out comfy sandals, as my feet swell, a little, a lot, on the top, underneath even, at times, and it varies every day.
I still havent got any, becausr its much more helpful to hear "straight from the horses mouth", as it were.

I know the feeling! In the recent hot weather, I was wearing my wide-fit Croc sliders/slip-ons (whatever). As you probably know Crocs have holes in the uppers. My feet swelled up THROUGH the holes [hmmm] and I could hardly even get them off! I got a pair of cork-soled (cool) open sandals from Pavers in Wide Fit. The sort where you can adjust either of the two fake buckles with velcro. Winner!

NotSpaghetti Sun 16-Aug-26 11:27:48

NotSpaghetti

Bionic have styles which have three adjustable straps across the front (which accommodate my arthritis) and a comfy footed and a backstrap too.

Just realised this has been corrected to "Bionic" - should be Vionic
Apologies!

(Though I might be interested in bionic ones, actually!) grin

yogitree Sun 16-Aug-26 11:25:37

I have wide and now swollen feet so recently found Pavers Wide Fit sandals which are a real blessing. Highly recommend.

fancyflowers Sun 16-Aug-26 11:17:27

Try Naot sandals. They are expensive but very comfortable.

amzn.eu/d/0g5nXHys

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 10:54:48

Thanks ladies.
Hello Isummer hope you're doing ok.
Nice to see you.

Now we need some bunion people's input to help travelsafar
smile

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 10:50:29

By legs, I mean feet. smile

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 10:49:28

The strange thing is, my legs certainly aren't the most swollen I've ever seen by a country mile, but I just can't get the straps to go over.

Online, in the end, I found myself looking at shoes that literally opened out and folded completely flat, and you kind of built them around your foot.

I'm no fashionista, but blimey...

1summer Sun 16-Aug-26 10:45:44

m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61yKsB1IVmL._AC_SX695_.jpg

Hope the link works but these Skechers are my second pair, so comfortable. Adjustable straps as my feet swell in the heat.

Contraryme Sun 16-Aug-26 10:39:55

Try DB wider fit shoes, they have many different styles, they are not cheap and have to be ordered on line but they are so comfortable.

Mollygo Sun 16-Aug-26 10:34:59

I recently bought some sandals from Mountain Warehouse and they are really comfortable even with bare feet.

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 10:28:04

Ah, i need straps so that i can adjust them according to how my feet are on any given day, or even during the day.
Plus my legs aren't very "bendy" these days, so I often can't assume the position needed to alter straps for too long.

NotSpaghetti Sun 16-Aug-26 10:22:17

Bionic have styles which have three adjustable straps across the front (which accommodate my arthritis) and a comfy footed and a backstrap too.

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 10:17:36

I've spent a lot of hours checking out comfy sandals, as my feet swell, a little, a lot, on the top, underneath even, at times, and it varies every day.
I still havent got any, becausr its much more helpful to hear "straight from the horses mouth", as it were.

Patsy70 Sun 16-Aug-26 10:12:22

I bought Rieker Antistress from Amazon, as I have arthritis and a bunion, and they are so very comfortable and stylish too.

Elless Sun 16-Aug-26 09:36:49

I recently bought these, they are so comfy - thick sole and I wear the strap on the top loosely because I am waiting for surgery and anything pressing on the top of my foot hurts.

www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Sandal-Womens-Sandals-brown/dp/B0DX71792M/ref=asc_df_B0DX71792M?hvlocphy=9046533&gad_source=1&linkCode=df0&hvptwo=&psc=1&mcid=1e2e06febb023fb9bb494f4457344503&hvnetw=g&hvadid=802145431574&hvsb=player2&hvpone=&hvlocint=&th=1&hvpos=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvocijid=8083126759655801903-B0DX71792M-&hvqmt=&hvexpln=m-uk85exp1&tag=gransnetforum-21&hvtargid=pla-52230533203&hvrand=8083126759655801903

ViceVersa Sun 16-Aug-26 09:36:36

Gwyllt

Merrell walking sandles are really wide and comfy a bit pricey but bought last year and I wore them a lot the still look good and very little ware on soles

I've got Merrell walking sandals I bought years and years ago and they're very comfy and wear well.

mumofmadboys Sun 16-Aug-26 09:13:24

Keen sandals are so comfy and last very well

jusnoneed Sat 15-Aug-26 18:41:33

Maybe Cosyfeet would have something suitable. A lady I knew used to have problems with her feet and she often bought from them. They are not cheap but they do have a sale on.