You don’t mess with the JFK customs do you Dragonfly. Humourless and they’ve definitely missed the last term at charm school!
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Good Morning Everyone,
Its not quite twilight here in Brackley this morning but it remains dry , if the forecasts right the last of hot period .
Plans an early bus to Bicester , hopefully see those I know, many seem to shop early due to the heat ,and fewer older people about .
Health start 7 day antibiotics today for urinr infection.
Take Care,
Mick
You don’t mess with the JFK customs do you Dragonfly. Humourless and they’ve definitely missed the last term at charm school!
Thank you Georgesgran my DS is very streetwise but this guy just bumped into him out of the blue. No eye contact. We have been to New York many times and fortunately we haven't had any problems.
He always get stopped at customs as well. This time they asked him if he had been in Texas in 2016. When he said no they looked him up and realised the last time he had been there was 2007 so they let him go.
Quick message re Dragonfly’s post. DD2 and I are regulars to New York - she’s been 42 times (so far) 43 next month. From the first visit, we were told to make no eye contact with the locals nor speak to any of them! It sounds a bit extreme and of course, we’ve chatted to people in museums, cafes and restaurants, but generally, that advice still holds, especially around Times Square - always full of scammers at night.
Sorry it had to happen to your son, but as the saying goes ‘it’s only money’.
Good morning everyone from cloudy 19° Lancashire.
It’s much cooler here for which I am thankful. I love hot sunny days but they don’t suit my Northern blood
.
MrB and I have been for a walk around the Dock and woodland path. The railway museum is getting ready for the day so lots of tooting and chuffing going on. A lot of trees are dropping leaves already, maybe it’s a lack of water.
Wishing you all a good day whatever you’re doing 🌹
Have just waved goodbye to DS who stayed the night en route from seeing DGD2. Lovely evening - able to eat outside - and this morning he has sorted out the pop up waste in the bathroom sink which has been a problem for weeks and waiting for something else to go wrong and necessitate a visit from a plumber. All in all a very successful visit!
Nothing planned for today but I have plenty to read and some dead heading to occupy me so life could be a lot worse.
Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers (for a change) northwest coast.
Popped into Aldi yesterday morning and was frozen to death by the air con to the extent I could hardly think, wearing only a t shirt. Had a nice lunch in a little cafe run by volunteers for people with learning difficulties and licked up a black eyed susan, which I have dug in peremptorily and will probably give up the ghost, but am watering it well.
My sister drove up from London and we had gammon with pineapple and Eton Mess. She brought flowers, chocolates, wine and books and we chatted to the small hours.
Today we are going into the city, lunch at a gallery but here tonight.
Hope your antibiotics are doing the trick Mick, beautiful quilt GM, I love the theme and thoughts to all🌺
Good morning, Michael12 and all!
I'm soooo happy!
I crashed out of bed about 7:15 last night; unfortunately, I had to melt under the duvet instead of on top because of the flies, although I grabbed my Raid can and managed to murder a few! Barely any sleep because of the heat/humidity, but when I went back then back up again about 9:15, it was so cool and refreshing, even chilly! Back to bed about 9:45, things were sticky but not uncomfortable, and I managed to have some kip, a reasonably decent night this time.
Got up this morning at 6, ready for work at 7, and at the moment now, there's no sun, humidity or heat, lovely thick clouds AND I felt spots of rain! No thumping headaches!
Long may the rain reign!
See you all later!
Oh dear 🤣
I refused the second cup because I am twisted, as my mother used to say. 
I hope you enjoyed the tea Marydoll 🤣
Good Morning from a cool grey Co Armagh
I am glad to be able to function today , The rain hasn’t happened yes
Our peas are blind in spite of watering, so that’s a job for today, haul them out and into the compost
The cucumbers aren’t forming , I was jealous of Monty last night , his were growing beautifully
Wishing us all a decent day
It seems love conquers all Marydoll
I posted a reply to Marydoll about her extra cup of tea but gransnet keeps bumping me out halfway through a post.
Good Morning everyone from a still sunny but cooler central south coast. No sign of any rain in our forecast.
DH is out on a coffee and cake run with his bike club this morning and they are going to the Weald and Downland Museum cafe. It's where The Repair Shop is filmed so I expect it will be busy with tourists, and local visitors too.
I have nothing major planned so it will be a pottering day for me and may involve speaking to various family members, at some point.
Kind thoughts to all with problems or struggles of any sort. May the day bring some relief and comfort.
A late good morning from a slightly cooler S Hants.
Interesting history Bellas.
The wedding sounds delightful monk pretty grounds.
Washing is out, sadly no rain in our immediate forecast, we have a large festival near Winchester this weekend, fire risk is high.
I was pleased the alert was sent yesterday, it got peoples attention so served its purpose, I just hope it’s heeded.
Have a decent day all.
🦩🦩
DH has just come up to ask if I am O.K and would I like,e a cuppa. He already brought one at 7am, with a hot water bottle for my hip..
He has forgotten, that he sent me to Siberia on Thursday. 🤣
Good morning everyone from a cooler Northampton, only going to be 25°C today.
We had gentler dance classes yesterday, but even so I only managed about two thirds of the tap class before I had to sit out. Ballet was lovely and gentle. Went to the bakery over the road with a friend afterwards and had a chilled drink in their cafe.
A hop on to the bus today for the shops, just mainly to get out of the house and have a mooch around, nothing that I'm in urgent need of.
I am afraid I succumbed to another dress from Roman this week; it arrived yesterday and is lovely!
I also ordered and received a new suitcase this week, to replace the one that was damaged in flight on my Spanish holiday in March. Two months today is my cruise!
Well done to all the DGC on their A level results.👏👏⭐⭐
Wishing all a cooler day.
I have had a weird night, waking and dreaming strange things, and finally waking up very late, and thought it was sunday.
So I am going to get out to the market before it heats up. Will come back and read all the posts and rejig my brain to the fact that it is saturday!!
Good morning from cool South Lanarkshire.
I’ve been laid low all week with a stinking cold, I can’t remember when I last had one as bad as this.
We did our first school pick up of the new term on Thursday but as soon as one of the parents got home we had to leave, I wasn’t worth a button.
I have two school kilts to take up before GD1 returns to school on Wednesday so I will have to make a start on them today.
Wishing everyone a good day.
Good morning everyone from a cloudy Morecambe Bay where we have all only just woken up. DH has been up and brought TiB.
Today will be restful just pottering about and cleaning the camper after our break away. We also have a seed to remove from CDog’s paw. It’s been soaking overnight in a bandage of Magnesium sulphate paste. I’ll catch up later. Take care. 🌸
Still awaiting the much predicted rain and watching the world go by. Tra-la!
Good morning from a cool , for now ,N. Bucks.
I was awake early this morning so have already been to feed DD3s cats and water the garden. The cats were pacing by the door and shot off on their daily adventures as soon as they had been fed.
Local food shop this morning, a plant to re-pot and then MIL will be over for the afternoon and dinner. Chicken , new potatoes and veg and then a homemade lemon tart with clotted cream.
Thoughts with you GNs who have worries and or illness. Wishing a pleasant weekend for all.
Monk, I meant to say, I loved your dress.♥️
Never a truer word. Some of DH’s behaviours are definitely decidedly strange……something is going on but he refuses to go to the doctor and gets very arsey if I dare suggest it…..oh dear 🤷🏼♀️
R&L, you have enough to contend with, without this. 💐
My DH can be very kind, but is a man of few words and totally lacks and has lacked empathy, when I have been in unbearable pain.😪
Thank goods I am a strong woman.
Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with light grey clouds
Have a lovely weekend melanie!
Today I’m off to a local flower show and them a friend is meeting me there and we’re going onto a Hoedown event in a local village. I’m looking forward to the music and dancing and a good catch up with friends.
greyduster I find some cards hard to throw away too 💕
Goodness dragonfly how awful for your son. Probably the right thing though to give him the 100 as otherwise things might have got worse
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.