Gransnet forums

AIBU

Poldark

(13 Posts)
honeyrose Tue 06-Oct-26 21:50:04

For any Poldark fans out there, all episodes are now being screened on ITVX. I’ve started watching as I love Poldark and didn’t ever see it from the beginning so now’s my chance. And I think that Aiden Turner is the best looking man in the world. I do enjoy the storylines too - honestly!

Bukkie Wed 07-Oct-26 01:47:49

I think it's on Iplayer too.

shysal Wed 07-Oct-26 08:53:01

I preferred the original series. Demelza just looks wrong to me in the later one. She should be petite and elfin-like, as she was disguised as a boy at one point. I also found that a lot of the indoor scenes were almost on the dark.

Fallingstar Wed 07-Oct-26 09:13:12

shysal

I preferred the original series. Demelza just looks wrong to me in the later one. She should be petite and elfin-like, as she was disguised as a boy at one point. I also found that a lot of the indoor scenes were almost on the dark.

I preferred the original, wish they played that again.

Elusivebutterfly Wed 07-Oct-26 10:49:50

Poldark is one of my favourite series ever. I enjoy both the old and new versions and the books.
I agree that Demelza (and George and Elizabeth) do not look as I picture them in the new series, but once you get into it, you forget about that.

kittylester Wed 07-Oct-26 15:10:38

I read the books about a million years ago and the actors in the 1st series exactly matched my idea of the characters.

Gaving said that, the actors in the recrnt one soon became the characters for me.

Fallingstar Wed 07-Oct-26 15:17:51

I watched the recent one as well but I prefer the old serialisation.

butterandjam Wed 07-Oct-26 15:25:51

Of course I watched the newer series, but I hanker for the original one, where all the women were perfectly cast.

honeyrose Wed 07-Oct-26 21:54:30

I didn’t watch the original Poldark, but I do recall it being on TV. I think that Aidan Turner and Eleanor Tomlinson as Russ and Demelza are perfectly cast and have great chemistry.

valdali Wed 07-Oct-26 22:10:19

I preferred the original series too, but enjoy both, the scenery & storylines are awesome.

MayBee70 Wed 07-Oct-26 22:23:02

I loved the first season of the latest series. But didn’t think that the actress playing the part of Elizabeth was right. And preferred Ralph Bates ( swoon) as George in the first one. I kept trying to work out how old Garrick was in the recent one thinking no dog could live that long confused.

Littleannie Wed 07-Oct-26 22:50:29

The original seasons 1 and 2 are on YouTube. Not sure if there were any seasons after that.

Deedaa Thu 08-Oct-26 00:17:13

Ralph Bates was so good as George. He had the slight air of vulnerability that the character needed. The one in the recent version was just unpleasant. Apart from Aidan all the young male characters seemed completely interchangeable, and Demelza was completely mis cast. She was far too modern,while Angharad seemed like a fey child from the moors. And I met Ralph at a book signing and he was an absolute sweetie.