Gransnet forums

Chat

What a difference a day makes 😢😢

(672 Posts)
Cossy Wed 05-Aug-26 16:37:53

Yesterday my daughter and daughter-in-law were busy grumbling about how slow their first house purchase is taking and wishing it would speed up as they signed their contract 5 weeks ago.

Today my sweet DiL, who’s carry DD baby went into spontaneous labour and after waters broke and baby was upside down with umbilical cord separating, she had an emergency C section and then at 13:00 baby Henry was born at 24.9 weeks, weighing 1lb 6oz.

We are all hoping for a good outcome in the end, please pray to whatever God or spiritual being or keep your fingers crossed that baby Henry comes through this.

DD and DiL in shock and baby about to be transferred to a Neonatal Unit in a hospital nearly 40 miles away. This is their first baby and first try at IVF. He’s so tiny (I couldn’t see him but DD sent photos) 😢

merlotgran Tue 15-Sept-26 22:30:32

Best wishes to you all, cossy. I hope Henry soon starts to improve again.
You have a lot on your plate.

Ziplok Tue 15-Sept-26 22:35:28

Thinking of you all Cossy and sending you positive thoughts.

SueDonim Tue 15-Sept-26 22:48:25

Thinking of wee Henry and your DS, too, Cossy. flowers

Usedtobeblonde Wed 16-Sept-26 02:19:27

Kindest thoughts to Henry and his whole family.
What a roller coaster you are all on.

Dickens Wed 16-Sept-26 02:38:05

Oh Cossy, so much to deal with. I'm so sorry you're all going through so much. Hoping for the best for little Henry, and DS.

ferry23 Wed 16-Sept-26 04:33:34

I'm sorry your family is going through such a rough time Cossy. I hope you get positive news on all fronts.

AGAA4 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:12:17

Such a lot of worry for you all. Sending (((hugs)))

Moth62 Wed 16-Sept-26 08:50:15

I pray that wee Henry will gain weight and strength. I pray also for all his family.

keepcalmandcavachon Wed 16-Sept-26 09:56:50

Heartfelt love to all of you Cossy, one day at a time flowers

ixion Wed 16-Sept-26 11:35:16

Your support for your girls and Henry means the world to them all.
Do, please, look after yourself too⚘️

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Cossy Wed 16-Sept-26 11:46:30

Thank you all 💕🩵

As always, your kind words and good wishes are so much appreciated.

I wish you all the very best, especially those that I’m aware are going through tough times themselves.

🙏🙏

Cossy Wed 16-Sept-26 19:40:58

update

I wouldn’t normally do another update quite so soon, but we have positive things;

Henry had a huge 3 hour skin to skin cuddle with my DiL today.

Henry is back on his milk (breast) again.

Henry is very stable BUT breathing with ventilator is simply now going to take much longer than everyone hoped, so his transfer locally will take longer.

Medical team say it’s a combination of a bit of “breath holding”, and being make, apparently prem boys are less inclined to breath on their own (they’ve said “why bother to breath when a machine will do it for you”)

Anyway, main thing for us is 1) Mummies both happy again 2) Henry is once again stable. 🩵🩵

ixion Wed 16-Sept-26 19:56:48

Yay, thrilled to hear🌷

Bellanonna Wed 16-Sept-26 20:20:00

That’s sounding slowly more optimistic Cossy Keep it up Henry!

JenniRen Wed 16-Sept-26 20:30:50

I'm relieved to read that, Cossy.
Hope the improvement continues.

Rosie51 Wed 16-Sept-26 20:41:01

Oh that's much better news Cossy, so pleased for you all.

paddyann54 Wed 16-Sept-26 20:41:14

Well done Henry,best wishes to the boy wonder and all who love him xx

Grannybags Wed 16-Sept-26 21:01:41

Thanks for the positive update Cossy

Wyllow3 Wed 16-Sept-26 21:09:15

Good to hear, cossy.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 16-Sept-26 21:12:38

Excellent news. 💐

merlotgran Wed 16-Sept-26 21:23:19

Good news, cossy. Well done, Henry.

Ziplok Wed 16-Sept-26 22:33:21

That’s so good to hear, Cossy.

Dickens Wed 16-Sept-26 22:53:12

Thanks for the update - better news - so good to hear this! ❤️

Moth62 Thu 17-Sept-26 00:01:27

Lovely news. ♥️

V3ra Thu 17-Sept-26 01:27:04

So pleased for Henry and all the family, though I had a little eyeroll at the idea of prem boys being less bothered about breathing for themselves! 🙄🥰