Years ago, visiting my housebound ma-in-law, she asked me to pop to the corner shop for a few bits & pieces. On her list was written "2 scraps cards" and "1 pint semi-skilled milk".
Sorry, they were malapropisms rather than spelling errors, but funny all the same... Is there a malapropisms thread? I could fill it with Ma's clangers.
And a History teacher at a rather posh girls’ school told me how her head was in her hands when she read a Sixth form student’s Russian History coursework with repeated reference to Starling 🦅
Was he any relation to Lennon?
ViceVersa you really made me laugh, good job I hadn’t just taken a gulp of my coffee 😂
I got shot down in flames (not here) when I suggested that a comment about the then Crown Princess of Norway, that she was very emphatic towards her mother in law, Queen Sonia, should perhaps have read “empathic,”or “empathetic”
I remember my dear late brother in law telling me about a dog he’d seen that was out of control in the park. “It was going absolutely bearsick!” he said.
On a market stall one year selling seasonal items a handwritten card saying "Christma's Card's.
I once saw a Mother’s Day card for sale which read, ‘If Mum’s were flowers, I’d pick you!
Why did they think the apostrophe was needed in the one plural, but not in the other?? And how did nobody else notice before it went to print, and out for sale in shops?