Gransnet forums

Chat

Problem with courier from Amazon.

(69 Posts)
Alie2Oxon Sun 26-Jul-26 14:33:23

Does anyone know what I do, when the courier (EVRI) sends me an email to say:
'They've tried to deliver my package but there was an issue'

- and their answer on their phone number (when I finally found the number and put in the right reference) was:
'It's been delivered'.

No it hasn't. It's taken me two hours to find all this and several internet sites. It is NOT here.
I have put a notice on my door specifically for them; to say
RING THE BELL
Apart from that I'm stumped.

kazgran Wed 05-Aug-26 10:07:30

Evri are abysmal. I have two orders that were stolen
One last week saying it had been delivered where all I got was an empty packet with the goods stolen.

A few months ago I got a message saying my parcel had been delivered with no photo. It never did arrive but I managed, after hours of trying, to get a refund.

Alie2Oxon Fri 31-Jul-26 18:33:47

Thanks - but do read the last but one post!

Truffle43 Thu 30-Jul-26 11:57:23

Where we live Evri is shocking . I had 3 parcels sat in a depot for over a month. I’ve had stuff never turn up and stuff badly damaged. I do shop with Amazon and they are very good at giving refunds. Trying to chat with a bot is a complete waste of time. The retailer are the ones to chase it up. I found chatting with the bot gave extension to Evri’s delivery time and I was delayed further. Maybe a neighbour has your parcel ,I hope you find it.

Alie2Oxon Thu 30-Jul-26 10:20:45

I talked to my friend C last night, and I'm going to get large stick-on letters for my front door!

Any other ideas welcomed.

Alie2Oxon Wed 29-Jul-26 20:58:20

I do not believe this. It's as if my front door. clearly numbered, with the small gate open and a clear path, doesn't exist. It had a white notice 'EVRI ring bell' on it.

I have just found my parcel (which wasn't there an hour ago) put in to the unused side door...

How the hell do I stop them?

Alie2Oxon Wed 29-Jul-26 14:54:35

Re 'No excuses'?
How do you stop them coming to an unused side door????

Alie2Oxon Wed 29-Jul-26 14:52:54

Talked to my sister, and she has a good EVRI person too.
If you do that's ok...

But mine is becoming "EVRI day no delivery"!

Blossoming Wed 29-Jul-26 14:34:10

Our Evri delivery lady is lovely and very helpful. I live in fear of her leaving!

SynchroSwimmer Wed 29-Jul-26 14:28:01

I have added the What 3 Words locations on to all my online accounts as part of my address - Amazon, M&S etc so they have no excuses.

The Evri driver once cheekily posted a photo of a “blocked road” and a message unable to deliver. It must have been a generic photo, definitely not within miles of here - he just didn’t want to drive out here

MissAdventure Tue 28-Jul-26 18:27:30

Oh, good.
Another step in the right direction.
Excellent! smile

Alie2Oxon Tue 28-Jul-26 17:24:49

Thank you Miss A
EVRI just sent me a survey. I hope they like what they got.
No, I wasn't rude. Filling it in just repeated over and over - that I wanted my delivery!

avalon123 Tue 28-Jul-26 17:09:24

I won't deal with companies that use Evri as a rule as they are so unreliable. Unfortunately, sometimes if you buy something on line they don't tell you that until you get to checkout and have paid. I have been using Amazon since the they came into existence and have never had a problem with their deliveries in all those years, or if I did, they always refund immediately. Their customer service is second to none IMHO.

MissAdventure Tue 28-Jul-26 16:50:25

Oops, sorry, I didn't take on board that you don't want a refund blush
Too full of my own importance to read properly.
Good luck with the ongoing issues.

Witzend Tue 28-Jul-26 16:10:05

Delila

I had a problem with a delivery from M&S at Christmas. Both M&S and EVRI assured me in many phone calls that my order had been delivered, but it had not. Eventually, after 11 days, the parcel arrived. No explanation was ever given.

I’m surprised that any reputable company uses Evri for its deliveries - they are known to be unreliable. On this occasion I found M&S as chaotic as Evri.

Must say I’m surprised that M&S use Evri - I’ve had trouble with that pairing.
RM around here are very good, so if there’s a RM option, I always use that. My yarn supplier. (Wool Warehouse) offers RM for £1 extra, but I’m happy to pay that, rather than risk Evri.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 28-Jul-26 15:18:02

We had problems with Evri (or Hermes as it was then) in the past, but their current delivery man is great. He leaves parcels outside our door if we're not in, or he thinks we might not be up, and that's fine as it's not visible from the road. Deliveries come at the predicted time. Once we had a box of wine delivered by (I think) Yodel, left at the front gate while we were away, but it was still there and just a bit wet by the time we got back. We did complain about that one!

The contract is between the supplier and the carrier, and so you have to complain to the supplier to get anything done. It does no harm to complain to the carrier too, of course.

Good luck Alie2Oxon!

LesLee7 Tue 28-Jul-26 11:19:25

I think the problem is NOBODY seems to deliver any more. They dump and go. I was waiting for Amazon yesterday then I checked my emails, said delivered and sure enough dumped outside my front door. I feel all companies should knock and give you the items - that's delivery. Use common sense if you aren't in.
Luckily I have a nice, good Evri delivery man who knows where to put items if I'm not in. But don't get me started on Royal Mail who are useless where I live and we are lucky if we get mail once a week. I've just logged a complaint about their deliveries as despite ringing (for ages) to change the date - it wouldn't let me do it online - they did it for me and sent email confirmation, they still brought it when I wasn't there and it needed a signature.

Alie2Oxon Tue 28-Jul-26 11:04:32

Thanks for sympathy!
But I can't stop ordering things, it's my only way to shop...

Amazon are starting an investigation for me.
I DON'T WANT A REFUND!

MissAdventure Tue 28-Jul-26 09:32:54

I would still just push for a refund.
Speak to the ai assistant, disagree with everything, amd they put a real person into the chat.
They are able to see a complete record of your purchase, non delivery, and any chats you've had up till now.

Just say you no longer need the it as its been so long, therefore you want a refund. Refund. REFUND!!

Aveline Tue 28-Jul-26 09:17:23

Oh dear Alie2Oxon. How frustrating. Surely it'll arrive today. That's enough to put you off ordering anything online.

Alie2Oxon Tue 28-Jul-26 09:14:39

I'm the OP. by the way. I'm TIRED...

Alie2Oxon Tue 28-Jul-26 09:12:33

(Repeat)
I got a mail yesterday that my parcel was arriving 7 - 9pm.
Waited until nearly 10, went to bed,
Checked (just in case) at 4am. Nothing.
Now after 9 am, nothing , no mail either.
I will have to ring Amazon again.

Lesley60 Tue 28-Jul-26 02:13:39

I’m very lucky with Evri I have a wonderful courier, but I find the Amazon delivery men are awful they are all foreign and they don’t even ring the doorbell they just put it on the doorstep, there has been many times when I haven’t been out all day so the parcel has remained on the doorstep

TwiceAsNice Mon 27-Jul-26 22:22:30

Evri is appalling have had lots of issues in the past. Also just be aware that the wording you were quoting about trying to deliver a parcel is also part of a long term scam

MaggsMcG Mon 27-Jul-26 22:04:59

My regular Evri Driver is great but when he's not working whoever replaces him is awful. Swears he tried to deliver but there was bo response but I was definitely in. I've resorted to having it delivered to my local shop now.

Ladyfungi59a Mon 27-Jul-26 19:28:46

My Evri driver is very good. I have the same one constantly and he always, always knocks and waits patiently for me to answer as he knows I'm slow answering the door due to difficulty walking. If I don't get to the door before he leaves, my parcel is left hidden behind my bins which are in front of my car and I will often respond with 5 stars.

I've been ordering on-line for about eleven years now which is convenient for me and have received all my parcels that I have ordered whether Evri or other parcel deliveries.