My bugbear is having a service charge automatically added to a bill. I’m dining out this afternoon with my daughter. Sil and 2 teens. My daughter sent me a link to the menu last night to browse the options. Main courses range £20-28 and desserts £7-9.
My daughter and her husband always leave a generous cash tip as they feel there’s more chance of it going to the servers. But I noticed in small print at the bottom of the menu there will be a 12.5% service charge added to the bill. It will be a considerable bill total for 5 people and I’ll admit it sticks in my craw that some restaurants add a service charge.
They need to pay their employees a decent wage and leave the tipping to the customers to decide after the meal.
Should smart glasses (Meta Glasses) be banned?
Anyone else getting more scam messages lately?
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄


