No, this is not about bereavement, but perhaps a similar feeling of "Was it something I/we said?" I too have tried to pm a GNetter only to be told that is not a valid nickname, so susiecb and littlenellie why did you go? Of course it is your prerogative and I don't mean to be nosey, but it is sad, especially when you suspect there might be trouble at home and can no longer send support. So if either of you is out there under a different name - I wish you well and still hope it wasn't something we said
MaggieP, I can`t afford the train again so soon, but if I may be so bold (and cheeky!) as to suggest Kings Lynn, my daughter-in-law says she`ll drive me there. I did think that with it not being far from here, the train fare would be affordable, but for some strange reason, there are 2 changes, and the fare is well over £30, stupid when we can drive there in about 45 minutes!
Also, HURRAY for the return of Smoluski (aka Nellie)!!
numberplease you would be very welcome to join us and swell our few numbers, Nellie will be there amongst us and no plans are made yet. Boston isn't far from any of us so we just need to look at the map as well as find a nice place for lunch
Within the past few mins I've received a long email from our Nellie She misses us. I have tried to convey our affection for her. I told her...if you should ever wander into Lil's bar, you'll get one heck of a welcome.
Lets hope she come's back in the future she is sorely missed and the cobwebs are starting to show in Lil's bar and the optic's need refilling asap not that I am casting aspurtions at anyone inparticular that is.
I've been busy sending email addresses to our Nellie..nine to date. I've told her that Lil's bar is in a state of disarray [nothing new there!] Thanks to the goodwill messages. I'm certain that she'll be chuffed.
Good to hear that Nellie is well, I particularly enjoyed her 'Matron' column! I am right aren't I (it's getting late). Jingleabout time you joined in again
We aren't meeting until mid November earliest so anyone welcome, nothing fixed as too soon. Any suggestions? As merlotgran says It doesn't have to be Ely, any other ideas?
I`m in Boston, Lincs. After my jaunt to Birmingham last week, Ely`s a bit far for me so soon. I wouldn`t expect you to change your plans just for me, so will regretfully forego it this time.
Glad to hear she has been in touch. If East Anglia meet isn't too far north, I would very much like to meet her. I hope she may be able to join us on GN again even if she wants to change her name.