At 20, I met my future husband in the November, got engaged 6months later in May and married the following March, when I was 21. We have now been married over 42years, with 2 married daughters & 4 grandchildren, the first of whom was born when I was 46. No, I don't believe I was too young, but times were quite different in 1970. Fewer people went on to University, we could walk into any good job and earn enough to afford a reasonable start in married life. Our expectations were for simple, useful wedding presents - NO 'White Goods', TVs, or £1000+ wedding dresses either. If we wanted furniture etc we saved for it and enjoyed buying it without being in debt over it. Everyone is different and no-one can foresee the future.
Not wanting to pick up 10 month old granddaughter
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.
One of our daughters knew she was making a big mistake, and we told her she should call it off, and that we would take the flack with her, irrespective of cost, etc. But she went ahead anyway.

