Gransnet forums

Chat

The great dog/cat controversy

(204 Posts)
jeni Thu 10-May-12 15:32:12

Who singed Donald's rear?
This is the burning question of the day
Did Donald as a demonstration against humankind attemp self-immolation?
Or was this a dastardley attack by a dog/cat hater?
GN awaits YOUR views on this nationwide debate!

Barrow Thu 10-May-12 15:49:38

Sorry have I missed something? hmm

glassortwo Thu 10-May-12 15:51:53

Well Ocifer it was like this errrrrrr......... hang on I will have to ask when

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 15:56:50

Barow I think someone is trying to besmirch my name, just because I was in charge of a blowtorch at the virtual Glastonbury party, and I mistakenly singed a bush and soop's crutch grin

However, I am a cat dog lover and would never do such harm. I believe the dog is to blame for parking his backside on the barbeque [grin}

Further to that......no comment! grin

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 15:58:18

Oh dear...I've just read that and it comes across as an attempt to set light to soop's naughty bits - sorreeeee! grin

Barrow Thu 10-May-12 16:01:55

Ah now I see - I was able to make the virtual Glastonbury party - I was busy sorting my underwear drawer!

As for which is best cats or dogs - well the obvious answer is cats! You have a dog and you feed it and take care of its needs and in return it will guard you, play with you and do tricks. A cat gets all the same food and attention and doesn't do anything in return - yep cats are definitely more intelligent!! I want to be a cat in my next life

Barrow Thu 10-May-12 16:03:12

Sorry that first line should have read that I WASNT able to make the virtual party - oh dear now I am developing dyslexic fingers

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 16:08:10

I don't want a pet that has a higher IQ than me! My stubborn basset hound is enough of a challenge! grin

Quiltinggran Thu 10-May-12 16:08:38

Yes, me too Barrow a cat in a good home, definitely.

Anagram Thu 10-May-12 16:13:41

jeni, it seems the only one debating the question of Duncan's singed backside is you! I, of course, can't remember would not point the finger at anyone. But he was shuffling about quite a lot on his bum. Perhaps he thought the fire would stop it itching? confused

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 16:20:35

Now you've put the dog cat among the pigeons Anagram! grin Are you suggesting *whitewave's dog has not been wormed?

Tee hee.....grin

Greatnan Thu 10-May-12 16:21:50

when - yes, the same naughty thought crossed my mind. Crutch is so like crotch and..................

Anagram Thu 10-May-12 16:22:24

Well, it would let you off the hook, when! grin

Bags Thu 10-May-12 16:28:56

So it's not the same dog that was my pillow at the the virtial party we had at the King's House Hotel in Glen Thingummybob in the depths of winter?

What ever has soop been up to now to make everyone start mentioning crutches in place of..... well, really!

And the dog's bum? Do dog's have cr*tches?

nelliedeane Thu 10-May-12 16:33:00

was the person responsible for burning Rovers bum the one who was singing ''Burning ring of fire'' ...who was getting down and dirty with a funguy!!....who was guilty of rubbing two boy scouts together to produce fire.......we need another party as I missed this one winkwink

soop Thu 10-May-12 16:58:57

Bags the so-called dog was your old fur hat...surely you've not forgotten! grin Do hope Mr D.M. hasn't any top-drawer private patients on GN. Otherwise, hmm confused blush he may scold me when I go for my check-up.

nellie is right - discover who sang 'Burning ring of fire...' that's who torched the dog as she was lighting my spliff.

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 17:13:01

Ooohh! This is turning into an criminal investigation. grin

Bags I thought you were leaning on my damp, warm dog when we had that afternoon teaparty in the hotel? smile

Bags Thu 10-May-12 17:15:33

That's what I thought, when! But soop has different ideas (what's new?). So whose dog is Scorched Donald?

Ariadne Thu 10-May-12 17:16:51

At that party in the hotel, someone was under the table snuggled up to the dog. Now, I'm not accusing anyone, but who, I ask you, usually ends up under tables????

jeni Thu 10-May-12 17:18:12

I feel you should all feel sorry for this poor helpless much maligned animal
First he is accused of being a cat
Then sheep stealing
Then running off with barbeque
And lastly, setting fire to himself!
It shouldn't happen to dog!

soop Thu 10-May-12 17:19:52

when right again! Your memory serves you well. As soon as you mentioned damp, warm dog...hmm
However, it was the old moth-eaten fur hat that Bags arrived in that was singed...it didn't 'alf pong...grin

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 17:20:50

.....er - is it Annobel who ends up under the table? (what do I know - I just know it's NEVER been me) blush hmm

Bags Thu 10-May-12 17:22:49

SShh!! That old thing was DH's favourite muskrat ushanka! He hasn't noticed yet. I'm trying to patch it up when he's not looking ready for next winter.

whitewave Thu 10-May-12 17:29:28

I've just got back from lunch with a friend and what a relief to see that at long last Duncan will get some justice. However I do think some of evidence is prejudiced before we start. Who is the judge?

whenim64 Thu 10-May-12 17:37:39

We need someone unbiased. I'll do it!! grin