Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Last night I became a widow

(318 Posts)
M0nica Thu 01-Oct-26 08:44:24

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

4allweknow Thu 01-Oct-26 16:23:28

Sincere Condolences to you Monica and family.

SueDonim Thu 01-Oct-26 16:26:08

Oh Monica I’m so sorry. It’s the club no one wants to join. flowers

Aveline Thu 01-Oct-26 16:28:08

Warning. I was just horrified to receive a PM from a man in San Francisco who'd seen my condolence post on this thread.
I suspect he may be contacting others. Horrifying that this should happen on this sad thread. angry

Desdemona Thu 01-Oct-26 16:35:12

Very sorry to hear this MOnica.

Sweetpeasue Thu 01-Oct-26 16:35:33

Im so very sorry for your huge loss Monica. 🌹

Calendargirl Thu 01-Oct-26 16:37:25

Aveline

Not wishing to detract from the thread, but I also received a message from San Francisco, concerning a comment I made on another thread (not this one).

Didn’t reply, and blocked him.

Anrol Thu 01-Oct-26 16:40:19

So very sorry to hear this Monica. Heartfelt condolences sad

Grandmabatty Thu 01-Oct-26 16:40:42

Me too. It's pretty despicable in my book.

V3ra Thu 01-Oct-26 16:40:48

Such sad news M0nica.
Heartfelt wishes to you and all your family.
From what you've said over the years your husband was a fine man, a life well-lived. One to be proud of xx

CarrotTop Thu 01-Oct-26 16:41:47

I'm so sorry. Wrap yourself in cotton wool and know that there are many people out here thinking of you.

TwiceAsNice Thu 01-Oct-26 16:44:32

That is so sad for you Monica I’m sending deepest sympathy for you and your family . I will pray for you

JustkeepswimmingDonna Thu 01-Oct-26 16:51:52

Sorry for your loss. Sending condolences flowers

MiniMoon Thu 01-Oct-26 16:52:30

Oh Monica I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my sincerest condolences. xx

yogitree Thu 01-Oct-26 16:52:35

Thinking of you MOnica, such sad news. 🫂

Jalyn Thu 01-Oct-26 16:52:50

So sorry M0nica 💐

westendgirl Thu 01-Oct-26 16:53:52

So sorry for your loss
Sending my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Primrose53 Thu 01-Oct-26 16:58:11

Calendargirl

Aveline

Not wishing to detract from the thread, but I also received a message from San Francisco, concerning a comment I made on another thread (not this one).

Didn’t reply, and blocked him.

Me too. Ignored and blocked.

Shelflife Thu 01-Oct-26 17:03:18

Thinking about you Monica xx

adrisco Thu 01-Oct-26 17:03:57

So sorry MOnica xx

Maggiemaybe Thu 01-Oct-26 17:13:14

I’m so sorry, M0nica. May your dear husband rest in peace. thanks

sodapop Thu 01-Oct-26 17:18:42

So sorry to hear your sad news MOnica my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Take care of yourself as well at this time.

67notout Thu 01-Oct-26 17:18:47

I was so sad to read this, my sincere condolences to you 💐

shoppinggirl Thu 01-Oct-26 17:30:55

Terribly sad news. Thinking of you flowers flowers

Allsorts Thu 01-Oct-26 17:33:22

Very sad news Monica.

BlueBelle Thu 01-Oct-26 17:36:48

Oh dear that’s sounds like a shock for you and your family
Thinking of you that is very sad