We tend to forget that funerals are for the living, not the dead. Sometimes rifts are healed and new generations attend who have never been met before. I have often wondered why we don't take photos because often it records the last time someone was with other members of the family. True, most of us aren't looking at our best, grief is not pretty, but in these days of scattered families a funeral can be a truly historic event, gathering people who rarely meet, or possibly never have.
The generation of smartphone users photograph everything so we need to get used to it, I guess. The important thing afterwards is to note on the photographs who everyone is. I have been saddened in clearing relatives' houses to find historic photographs with no one left to tell me who they are.
Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026
Alphabetical Flora (trees, flowers etc)
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)


not worth picking up on to be honest.
. So, there we are - discussed. I don't find it strange.