Gransnet forums

Travel

Vilamoura in November

(6 Posts)
WithNobsOnIt Wed 30-Sept-26 19:46:53

Don't know about this year with the heatwaves and so far a very warm autumn. But the Algarve can be a bit cold at that time of the year. Went to Monte Gordon years back and it was only about 15 degrees.

Remember Portugal is on the Atlantic and not the Mediterranean.

Have a good holiday

Peaseblossom Wed 30-Sept-26 16:10:49

Can't help about weather that time of year, but it reminded me of the first holiday after my divorce. I took my daughter who was 15 at the time. She is now 40. Scary how quickly the years fly. It is beautiful there and we really enjoyed it. We had a hotel virtually on the beach, just a few yards away. It overlooked a lovely golf course. Think it was Villa Gale Ampalius. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

monami Wed 30-Sept-26 15:11:05

book an all inclusive with entertainment

DrWatson Wed 30-Sept-26 15:02:46

Well, the weather anywhere can be weird, these days, but you should be fine. We usually go to hot places in our autumn or winter, makes more sense to us? Vilamoura if I remember correctly (always an issue these days!!) has a good selection of restaurants round the harbour area, so you should have lots of choice, if the hotel doesn't suit?

We're not 'lay on the beach' people anywhere, but I seem to remember there was enough to do.

love0c Tue 29-Sept-26 11:49:14

We went last year in the half term October holiday so at the very end of October. The weather was lovely and we were on the beach and in the sea.

Seb1 Tue 29-Sept-26 10:51:07

Has anyone done a holiday to Vilamoura in early November, what was the weather like, I am fair skinned so don't want lie and bake in the sun type weather, also are there still plenty of restaurants open, I know it is very much the quieter season.