Three of my sisters worked for BA for over 30 years apiece - and none has ever mentioned this. I shall text them tomorrow and ask if this is something they’ve experienced. I doubt it somehow.
Never heard of this, can’t believe anyone would do it. And I was a stewardess for a couple of years back in the Dark Ages.
My younger sister was at least twice upgraded (without asking) from economy to business class on transatlantic flights - I have to assume because she is quietly spoken and looks thoroughly demure and well-behaved (which of course she is) - so unlikely to be a PITA - but also because she was on her own each time when economy happened to be overbooked.
Always been treated well by flight attendants and no chocolate changed hands.
Same here. Can’t believe there’s any truth in that story AussieGran59 and they may be wary of eating any chocs given by a passenger they don’t know. Gold bullion or a wad of folding money tho may be acceptable😂
As an individual with a fear of flying, I've had very variable treatement from air stewards. Some have been lovely and have actively improved my experience, but some have not been helpful and have tried to avoid interacting with me. Maybe giving a gift to whoever is responsible for the section I'm sitting in, with an attached note with brief explanation would help?
This happened to us returning from Maui once, via Chicago. Swore I 'd never travel 'cattle class' again, lol. But when you look at the prices, then it is back to 'cattle class' always.
One of my SIL's always 'bribes' staff at Hotels. Give them a nice tip at the beginning, smiles, and says 'thank you for looking after us'. And it works!
I got upgraded on a flight from Italy to London, without doing anything at all. I booked at the last minute. Whether economy was fully booked, which was why I ended in business class, I didn't ask, just said ;thank you' and made myself comfortable.
Never been given an upgrade but have been given a job. On a flight to Pisa, we had a bag tucked under our seat and were told if anything happened to the flight and we crashed we had the first Aid bag. We just stared in shock and still don't know if it was a joke. Luckily it wasn't needed. Maybe we should have given a chocolate bar and asked for it to be moved.