I will be spending six weeks with my family in New Zealand in December/January, but before I join them I will be hiring a car at Auckland airport and touring North Island for a week. At the moment, my itinerary is Bay of Islands, Coromandel Peninsula (there is some interesting snorkelling to be done - not coral, but lots of plant and fish life), Rotarua, Taupo, Hawkes Bay,Napier and then a day and night in Wellington. I won't be staying in all the towns, obviously, but in New Zealand I have found the journey is the best part.
Any suggestions grateful accepted as I know several of you have visited and/or have family there.
My daughter is going to take me down to Christchurch for a couple of days - she says it is rising like the phoenix and the route from Richmond is very scenic.
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.


