I paint 'em because I will garden in my sandals and the nails get so dirty! So I paint them so the dirt doesn't show I find though, that when I eventually take the varnish off, there are white patches on the nail. Anyone else get this?
Jess is a scientist Lona! She's allowed to ask! It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that someone somewhere has been granted funding to research the effects of painting one's toenails on the emotional health of the Ageing Population
I suspect that JessM will be asking for sample cuttings from all groups to see if there is any difference in the molecular structure of the nail ends according to the method used? Either that or because she's a witch and is going to put curses on us!
Clippers for me. And nail varnish in the summer. Dull gold or paleish pink usually.
Maybe I could cut a v shape all along, pinking shears would be good for that. If nothing else it would enable me to pay DBH back for when he kicks me in bed.