OMG just imagine opening against Djokovic on Centre Court at the age of 19. I suppose somebody has to play him. Nothing to lose, but I hope Jack Draper is out there for a reasonable length of time! Emotional introduction to this opening match - felt quite teary!
Did anyone watch the ladies doubles ? Fantastic match., BUT I though the presentation was very lacklustre. Why didn’t they have a royal on court to present ?
Great ladies singles final. Congratulations to Ashleigh Barty, I was so rooting for her I shed a tear as she won. So wonderful to reach her dream at such a young age. Hope to see a lot more of her. I’m enjoying the new youngsters getting their chances.
Great ladies singles final. Congratulations to Ashleigh Barty, I was so rooting for her I shed a tear as she won. So wonderful to reach her dream at such a young age. Hope to see a lot more of her. I’m enjoying the new youngsters getting their chances.
She isn't that young - age 25, is World Number 1 and was Wimbledon Girls' champion age 15 but took some time out.
British pair Alfie Hewett and Gordon Reid have won a fourth Wimbledon men's wheelchair doubles title, beating the Netherlands' Tom Egberink and Belgium's Joachim Gerard 7-5 6-2.
Who will you all be cheering on this afternoon in the men’s final? Although I know what a really talented player Djokovic is, somehow I can’t warm to him so I won’t be cheering him on. Interestingly his opponent is Italian!
Me too. Quite happy for Italy to have the tennis, and much prefer Berrettini to Djokovich. Really hope it's not McEnroe commentating as he always mispronounces Djokovich and Joke - o - vich, and it bugs me each time I hear it.
I like Djokovic, hope he wins. Good sport weekend with Ash Barty, lovely young woman and on a minor scale, my team St Kilda (AFL) won for the third time in a row
I love to watch Djokovic, he is so talented. Not keen on the aggressive faces and punches which so many of them seem to need to keep the adrenaline flowing. I like Berrettini too, very good player. May the best man win. I think that’ll be Novak Djokovic