Can anyone tell me why some people’s posts are partly crossed through? There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and it is puzzling me. Does Gransnet do it? I can’t see it being the poster as, surely, they could just delete the bit that shouldn’t be there. I’d love to know!
One person here often does it to be really unpleasant- saying they would't dream of correcting a spelling or typo, but then doing so by crossing out. Just very rude and 2 faced.
Sorry, I knew my post wouldn’t be clear! You can’t backspace as such, I’ve worded that badly. Just put your cursor before the dash you’ve typed. Or tap before the dash if it’s a touch screen.
The double dash is fiddly to do on a phone, as they just merge together, —, and the crossing out doesn’t work.
You have to type one dash, then backspace and type another in front of it, --. Then make sure you don’t leave a space between the double dash and the words you’re wanting to cross through. I can’t remember who it was who told us that on GN many years ago when some of us couldn’t work it out, but it stuck with me.