Wow! As I say "I have my eye in" with the roofs. They are both gorgeous. Particularly the one in Queensland - stunning colonial mansion.
We have the opposite problem with energy efficiency in housing legislation here. If you put 100 civil servants - or it could be more - together for 2 years you end up with something rather complicated that no one understands and that , because of the many layers of safeguards etc, is going to be very expensive to run.
I favour an approach where you give grants to poor people and everyone else - - lower stamp duty (house sales tax) for well insulated properties, lower property taxes for properties that have done the basics - loft and cavity insulation. The stick is, if you are stubbornly refusing to insulate a property, you pay more tax. Landlords are the worst, because they don't pay the energy bills.
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.





