I know someone with two cockapoos, litter mates who suffer from separation anxiety and he can't leave them at all. I would have thought that, having each other they wouldn't have this problem; they're not young dogs and the problem isn't going away I'm afraid.Although they do say that, if you have more than one dog it's probably best not to have litter mates. I have switched my whippet from a crate to a basket, only because when she had an operation on her neck I was concerned that she'd knock it on the door of the crate, and she's so comfortable in the basket that I've kept it. However, on the rare occasion that she goes into kennels we always take the crate, as it's her home from home; her den; her safety blanket. If I have another puppy one day it will be crate trained right from the start.
Gransnet forums
Pets
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
.