glass
When my last dog, Henry, was put to sleep, the lovely vet was crying, too, and had to wipe his eyes before he could continue. Henry was a rescue cocker spaniel, who came to live with me when he was 12. He was full of lumps and bumps, so within a week he was in the vets having most of them removed, including his tesicles, which had suspicious growths. What a vet's bill that was! I couldn't insure him. He looked like he'd been in a war zone, but recovered well and had two happy years with us. I knew we would be facing losing him as soon as we took him in, but he needed a home and he was such a loveable dog. The happy times always outweigh the grief when they leave us.
Goose I use Animal Friends for pet insurance. They are reasonable and do lots for charity. They sponsored that animal awards show that Paul O'Grady presented the other night.