Nanapippa, I don't pretend to be the world's expert on grammar and spelling, but it amazes me just how bad some people are at it. That is until today, after finding some of my old diaries from when I was a teenager in the 1960s! It seems I used to be semi-literate - I must have improved I think.
I was reading a facebook status and the person didn't know how to write the word "enough". Clearly the incorrect way she says the word didn't allow her to work out the spelling. She had written "anuthe". It's so sad. I live in Kent and have to remind my grandson that if he says vis and vat he will not know how to spell the words. He thinks it funny. I don't.....
I know what you mean, though. There is a new accent that seems to be taking over in some parts of the country. I live in the south-east and I love the fact that our small island has so many different accents. We only have to drive fifty miles or so to hear a change in the way people speak, but this dreadful "innit" accent makes me cringe.
Oh my how our language deteriorates, what was funny 20 years ago is now in the book of acceptable Scrabble words, what next Oxford English? Dictionary.