Gransnet forums

News & politics

Campaign plot against Ali G

(11 Posts)
Casdon Sat 03-Oct-26 12:48:47

Do post it if you can Oreo, because it is subscriber content only in the Mail, I can’t see anything elsewhere other than criticism about him using outdated stereotypes in his latest film.

Oreo Sat 03-Oct-26 12:39:12

I can’t access the whole article so will look elsewhere on the Internet.

Oreo Sat 03-Oct-26 12:34:58

I didn’t like to point out the misnaming OldFrill 😃

Oreo Sat 03-Oct-26 12:34:00

Is there a place for Jeanette Winters?
Who seems to have made a fair old packet from her boo-hoo books on her childhood and being gay.

OldFrill Sat 03-Oct-26 12:31:27

*Jeanette Winterson

OldFrill Sat 03-Oct-26 12:30:53

I think it's rather a plot against Newscord which is holding mainstream media accountable.

I don't think unfairly reporting any regime, communist or not, shows the BBC in a good light.

Is there a place for Ali G in today's world? I'm with Jeanette Winters on that.

Oreo Sat 03-Oct-26 12:14:51

Yes, ask for it to be switched, may get more replies but any mention of antisemitism has some posters ignoring threads imo proving that it’s alive and well on this forum just as much as in the country in general, however liberal people claim to be.

fancythat Sat 03-Oct-26 11:27:39

I am going to ask GN to change the forum this is in, to the News forum.

fancythat Sat 03-Oct-26 11:27:02

Another excert from the article.

Some of NewsCord’s campaigns are downright sinister. A month ago, for example, the Chinese government accused the BBC of peddling ‘fake news’ via an article which had (correctly) pointed out that Beijing was heavily censoring footage of floods in Tibet.

Within hours, NewsCord had gone into bat for the repressive Communist state, urging readers to complain about the piece’s headline, which had accused China of ‘hiding’ footage of the disaster.

The BBC subsequently agreed to change the wording to ‘reflect the fact that some footage of the floods is being shown in China although it is being heavily censored’.

fancythat Sat 03-Oct-26 09:42:28

This is the headline.
Hopefully it is written about on the internet elsewhere too.

GUY ADAMS exposes a sinister campaign with cinema chains worldwide bombarded by tens of thousands of emails... revealing how AI is now a prime weapon in cancel culture. And the darkest question of all: Was comedy genius Sacha Baron Cohen targeted just because he is Jewish?

fancythat Sat 03-Oct-26 09:40:17

I wasnt sure where to put this.
TV, News, or here.

I decided here because of the AI aspect.

www.dailymail.com/news/article-16178485/plot-Ali-G-campaign-AI-weapon-Sacha-Baron-Cohen-GUY-ADAMS.html

Bizarre.
The new "normal"?