Hilda123
I'm not going to comment on why Scotland has a significant drug problem because, frankly, I don't know enough about it. But so many of the comments on here judging life in Scotland are so ignorant and ill-informed. We are not all living in a dark, miserable abyss of poverty and unemployment! Far from it! Generally we live in a much gentler, quieter, more respectful society, often in beautiful natural surroundings, but also benefitting from cultured and vibrant cities equal to any in the south of England. The weather is not the same as in the south of England but we have pleasant seasons too. I'm English but I moved my family here for what I consider to be a much better quality of life. Some Scottish people choose to move away but many people also choose to move here!
This last summer, while S England fried and dried up,
Scotland was pleasantly warm , drier than usual but not parched, the grass and trees are still green, farm crops, gardens and allotments thrived. There was no water shortage here.
If this becomes the new reality for UK climate, people in SE England may become desperate migrants escaping drought and misery..